[OSx86] My first working OSX86 build!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Farchord

Farchord

Life is but a sum of your achievements

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00

Yeah in the hackintosh community, if you want good hardware support, you need to wait 6 to 12 months after the hardware release. 6 months for the OS to come with basic support (ATi/nVidia/Intel), and a possible other 6 months for community support.

#62 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:08

They've had 7850 support for months, but for some reason my 7850 doesn't work with the drivers that everyone elses 7850 works with.

#63 Farchord

Farchord

Life is but a sum of your achievements

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:20

If it's supported then you gotta keep trying, legend :) I can help you with it if you want

#64 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:26

I spent a week trying to get it working, I have a cheap as chips 7850 I think it doesn't follow reference design and uses different cheaper components compared to the big brands which is stopping it from working properly.

The only current way of getting around it is by using HD4000 Intel Graphics as primary adapter and 7850 as accelerator but I only have HD2000 on my Sandybridge CPU which isn't compatible with OSX.

#65 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:39

* Dock magnification doesn't work. Even if I enable the option in the Dock Preferences applet, just doesn't work. Not sure what that's about!

I know you posted this quite some time ago now but just to check, are you sure you have QE/CI enabled? Easiest way to tell is if the menu bar is translucent or not or if you can see the ripple effect when you add a widget to the dashboard.

If you can't see those then it might explain why magnification is also not working. You might have fixed this now as I see you did a few reinstalls, but just suggesting if you didn't work it out yet.

#66 OP +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 12 June 2013 - 20:31

Bizarrely it was because I needed a driver for my mouse - a Cyborg RAT5. I posted about it a few posts back :) All works now beautifully!

#67 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 20:41

Bizarrely it was because I needed a driver for my mouse

Herpintosh!

#68 guitmz

guitmz

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 June 2013 - 20:50

Legend,

The 7850 DOES work. I remember helping someone with this once and I found a similar thread that even gives you the kexts.

http://www.tonymacx8...0-i7-2600k.html

;)