teh monies!!!
Pretty sweet!

#3 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts
  • Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 30 January 2013 - 00:32

Yeah haha, those can actually be my dream cars, also the M3's. :)

#4 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,477 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 00:40

Nah, poor mans Mercedes.

#5 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03

The new M5's are a monster, very underrated. The only thing I hate about them is the fake sounds pumped through the sound system. Why BMW WHY?

I'm an AMG fan myself, got a CLS 63 AMG (W219). Can't wait for the new E 63/CLS 63 with 4-MATIC, they are going to be insane!

#6 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10

:drool: Do want!
I'll take one in black, please.

Nah, poor mans Mercedes.

Pshh. I've personally always thought Mercedes were horrendously ugly. Under the hood they are respectable, but still; BMW any day over one.

#7 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48

Nah, poor mans Mercedes.

Once you go Bimmer, you'll never go back.

#8 Arpit

Arpit

The neowin lurker

• 2,020 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:16

i just despise BMW's interior...it looks so cheap for such a gorgeous car.

#9 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51

Interesting, how so?

#10 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:08

Agreed. Of the three big German luxury manufacturers, my preference on interior is Audi then Mercedes then BMW. Everything from fit and finish to quality, layout is just poor and/or undesirable in BMW's interior. The biggest thing that turned me away from BMW is their ethics towards customers. I walked into a BMW dealership didn't get even looked at (I was 24 at the time), and there was even a guy doing nothing on his computer, and another free salesman. Walk into Mercedes and Audi/Porsche, was treated much better and actually noticed. Also, BMW's are the most popular luxury brand up in my area of the three big German manufacturers, so many 3/5 series on the road.

#11 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:13

That's some nice hardware! (Y)

#12 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50

Nah, poor mans Mercedes.

Hahahahaha, that's probably the funniest thing I've seen on this message board. Mercedes is for people who like a fancy car to ride around in. BMW is for people who like to drive their car. Granted I have a lot of respect for some of the AMGs. For example, the C63 AMG makes me uncomfortably giddy (especially the Black edition in the parking lot at work :drool:), but in general I find BMWs to be far superior. Not to mention Mercedes has just recently pulled out of a ridiculously ugly streak, and really are still mostly ugly except for the more aggressive performance versions and coupes.

Agreed. Of the three big German luxury manufacturers, my preference on interior is Audi then Mercedes then BMW. Everything from fit and finish to quality, layout is just poor and/or undesirable in BMW's interior. The biggest thing that turned me away from BMW is their ethics towards customers. I walked into a BMW dealership didn't get even looked at (I was 24 at the time), and there was even a guy doing nothing on his computer, and another free salesman. Walk into Mercedes and Audi/Porsche, was treated much better and actually noticed. Also, BMW's are the most popular luxury brand up in my area of the three big German manufacturers, so many 3/5 series on the road.

That's because you were 24 in a BMW dealership. I had the same thing happen when I was at a Ford dealership looking over a GT500 they had inside. I already knew more about the car than any of the people working there, so I didn't care, but I saw a group of them standing to the side, even glancing over at me at times, but not one of them came over to talk to me. You should have seen the look on their faces when I walked out and got into my 335, and I did turn around just so I could see it, laugh, and drive off. If you got paid attention to at Mercedes or Audi, just consider yourself lucky, haha.

And I'm also curious what people don't like about the BMW interior. I never had any complaints about mine that I can recall. The only thing I ever heard people complain about was the iDrive which 90% of the time was because they were too dumb to turn a knob. The iDrive may not have been the very best at the time (I had an 08, they updated it the next year), but there was certainly nothing difficult about it after you spent 5 minutes to get familiarized. Fit and finish was top notch and I never had any complaints about layout. Obviously it's all based on opinion, but I'm just curious what bothered either of you about it.

Oh, and on topic: So damn sexy! And one for while the other is dirty, huh? Haha

#13 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,160 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54

I'm an AMG fan myself, got a CLS 63 AMG (W219). Can't wait for the new E 63/CLS 63 with 4-MATIC, they are going to be insane!

Lucky, w219 is one of the nicest looking cars on the roads these days!

#14 xxpor

xxpor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,551 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:14

What kind of job does someone have where they could afford 2 m5's?

#15 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:34

Hahahahaha, that's probably the funniest thing I've seen on this message board. Mercedes is for people who like a fancy car to ride around in. BMW is for people who like to drive their car. Granted I have a lot of respect for some of the AMGs. For example, the C63 AMG makes me uncomfortably giddy (especially the Black edition in the parking lot at work :drool:), but in general I find BMWs to be far superior. Not to mention Mercedes has just recently pulled out of a ridiculously ugly streak, and really are still mostly ugly except for the more aggressive performance versions and coupes.

That's because you were 24 in a BMW dealership. I had the same thing happen when I was at a Ford dealership looking over a GT500 they had inside. I already knew more about the car than any of the people working there, so I didn't care, but I saw a group of them standing to the side, even glancing over at me at times, but not one of them came over to talk to me. You should have seen the look on their faces when I walked out and got into my 335, and I did turn around just so I could see it, laugh, and drive off. If you got paid attention to at Mercedes or Audi, just consider yourself lucky, haha.

And I'm also curious what people don't like about the BMW interior. I never had any complaints about mine that I can recall. The only thing I ever heard people complain about was the iDrive which 90% of the time was because they were too dumb to turn a knob. The iDrive may not have been the very best at the time (I had an 08, they updated it the next year), but there was certainly nothing difficult about it after you spent 5 minutes to get familiarized. Fit and finish was top notch and I never had any complaints about layout. Obviously it's all based on opinion, but I'm just curious what bothered either of you about it.

Oh, and on topic: So damn sexy! And one for while the other is dirty, huh? Haha

You have a C63 Black Series at your work? WHAT? ****ing awesome, those are rare and expensive! Yeah, guess I was lucky to be helped at the Audi/Porsche & Mercedes dealership. One of my friends is a Lexus car salesman, so get to hear some interesting stories - like people looking like bums having enough money to buy the most expensive car they had, but yet didn't get noticed. Anyways, the iDrive system when it first came out was a huge POS. It is now pretty good actually, they added a lot of redundant buttons and overall it's better to navigate. I am not opposed to BMW's interior, they just don't hold their own when compared to Audi/MB. The layout was just suboptimal in the BMW, the large empty space next to the gear shifter, plastic, etc. I guess I'm nitpicking haha, I like BMW's (you really can't hate luxury/sporty German cars). I am looking for either an E36/E46 M3 or E39 M5, from BMW world, or 500E, C43 AMG from the Benz world, or B6/B7 S4 from the Audi world, as my second hand car!