Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies Joss Whedon wants 'Firefly' revival

16 posts in this topic

Joss Whedon has admitted that he would still "love" to revive Firefly.

The cult sci-fi drama was axed by Fox after just 14 episodes, but was later revived by Avengers director Whedon for 2005 film Serenity.

"It's something I would love to do," Whedon told the Toronto Sun of a second Firefly movie.

"Part of me is like, 'God, it would be great when I finish Avengers 2 to do [a sequel]'."

The writer/director said that he would "never really accept" that Firefly is over for good.

"I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together?'," he admitted.

Firefly star Sean Maher - who played Simon Tam - recently voiced his support for a sequel to Serenity.

"A television show would be very tricky with all of our availability, and I don't think that's in the realm of possibility," Maher said in November. "But what about another movie?"

(http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a454948/joss-whedon-would-love-to-revive-firefly.html)

I think they should just leave it. His grand plan for the TV Show was pretty much the movies story arc, he already killed off a few characters. The bar is set so high I don't think he will be able to surpass it and it will end up tainting the TV Show and Serenity Movie.

1 person likes this

I'm all for more Firefly. Movie, TV, whatever. A great show cancelled well before it's time.

1 person likes this

Yea at this point it should be left alone. Only thing they could do is go back before they killed off some characters and that would be difficult. Perhaps focus on their lives during the wars who knows.. Let it be.

I'd love to see Firefly make a comeback, as it was a superb show and had a lot of potential. Expectations would be high but I don't see that as a problem.

1 person likes this

I too am all for that. Hell, most of the sci-fi universe is all for that.

1 person likes this

I think they should have done it sooner. Was a great show and I for one have missed it.

I'd love for this to happen but Joss Whedon tends to do awful things to his characters after a few seasons (watch Buffy and Angel, or just see what he did to Wash) so I really do not want to see the crew put through that sort of torture. I say leave the series as is.

I want this to happen SO BAD

Second Movie? "YES PLEASE"

TV Show? "NO THANKS"

I don't know what they could do with a TV show but I'd love to see a sequel to Serenity. That, or another movie set in the Firefly universe. If The Avengers 2 is another huge success then maybe Joss Whedon can pull some strings.

I would love the TV series to start again. I wasn't much into it cuz it seemed a bit low budget but nowadays I'm sure it'd be done better.

The movie was absolutely awesome though.

For some reason I find Morena Baccarin extremely hot, especially in the V series.

The only thing I would say is that if they do another TV series then it should be set before the film's events so that Wash is still around. As to whether I want a series revival or another film...hmm, I think I'm on the fence about it. I can see pros and cons to doing either.

EDIT:

For some reason I find Morena Baccarin extremely hot, especially in the V series.

I'd argue that it's easy to find Morena Baccarin hot, although for me it wasn't from the V series...I couldn't get my head around the short cut hair (but she pulls it off well in Homeland though...odd).

I'd like another sequel :)

I would love for new Firefly but it just wouldn't feel the same without Wash and Book.

And yes Morena Baccarin is hot but especially so in Firefly.

I always worry when I hear things like this. Many of my favourite TV shows went out on top; Firefly, Angel (loved the darkness in that), Flash Forward, etc. I always worry as things will just not be the same....inevitably the crew have moved on to other things, so unless Joss can get his old writing staff back on board and the same casting crew for guest stars then I'm not sure it'd be as good.

Drew, David and co are all tied up in other things now...

....and yes, there is the "Wash" effect