New motherboard issues?

Hey guys!

Today i got a new motherboard GA-H61M-S2PV (rev. 2.0), intel i3 3225 and a corsair PSU CORSAIR Builder Series 450W CP-9020049-EU.

I did flash the new BIOS update, installed windows 8 pro but when i shutdown the pc and then try to power it on screen just doesn't turn on.

I hear no sound at all and when i press the power button after 2-3 minutes it shuts down immediately. But when i press the power button and then

the restart button then it works just fine. It may be the cpu but everything seems to work really nice after the booting in Windows :/

Anyone having any idea why this is happening?

I did from inside the BIOS and the issue is still there

Edit: Just changed the boot option from UEFI to Legacy and it works fine!

Strange why this may be the issue. I'll see now if it happens again in the near future

Yes, i select Save changes and exit.

Dead? but it's completely new (got it today).

i still wouldn't completely rule it out. wouldn't be the first time i've seen a mobo ship with a near dead cmos battery

I used the battery from my old pc and the issue remains. another psu

Also i used another PSU, different graphic card and still no go!

My guess is i got a bad mobo, tomorrow ill take back for a replacement...

CMOS battery wouldn't keep the system from POSTing, After your powersupply swap I would reseat the CPU, then if that still doesn't fix it, RMA the board.

No, but it could be the reason his CMOS settings are not sticking after a reboot, although generally that would only happen with complete disconnect from the mains too

I noticed that when i change the Init Display First to PCI and then boot to BIOS again it reverts back to Auto.

You should set it to PEG, just FYI.

CMOS battery wouldn't keep the system from POSTing,

most of the time this is true. there are a few odd boards out there that route some odd things through the cmos battery

heck just a few months ago I remember a thread on neowin where the OP could get his computer to post and it ended up being a dead cmos battery (this was also a new mobo, which is why i said earlier that even a new mobo can have a dead or dying cmos battery)