Photo

[Poll] Buying a new car - what color?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: [Poll] Buying a new car - what color?

What color should I buy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:17

UPDATE: Bought the Modern Steel Metallic!

Thinking about buying a 2013 Honda Accord Touring I4 6MT (It's a Canadian exclusive model, which can be bought with a 6MT and 18" Sport rims standard). Just wondering which color do you guys think looks better :p

White Orchid Pearl:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Modern Steel Metallic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:24

I voted: White Orchid Pearl

#3 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:34

How's the weather there? Lots of rain, I would go with the white one. Easier to keep clean in my experience. Water spots are easier to keep hidden on light colored cars.

#4 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• 3,576 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:37

When I saw the start of the topic I got excited, then when I read "what colour" I figured this must be a woman posting, am I right?

#5 OP +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:42

How's the weather there? Lots of rain, I would go with the white one. Easier to keep clean in my experience. Water spots are easier to keep hidden on light colored cars.

Weather? 4 seasons in one day. Snow and mud in the winter :p

Summer is nice though.

#6 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:47

Go with White since thieves mostly like going after darker coloured cars.

#7 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,243 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:49

Dirt is easier to keep hidden on dark cars. :p

#8 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:54

Not really a valid reason on car choices if the car is insured. Modern insurance means you practically get a free car if your car is stolen. At least, you get the money to buy the same car again. He is buying brand new which means he is required to have full insurance unless he pays 100% up front. Plus, its an Accord. Not very likely to get that stolen.

Dirt is easier to keep hidden on dark cars. :p

I drive a black Scion FRS. My GF drives a light gray Honda Civic. One day of not washing my car and you see dust on it. Takes a week for the same dust to become noticeable on her civic. Dark colors are more reflective, especially on brand new cars where the paint hasn't faded yet. This makes dust, which is not reflective, more noticeable. I live in Oklahoma so the dust/dirt issue is bigger here than anywhere in Canada but the issue is the same, just faster here.

#9 OP +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:54

Not really a big concern to me. I own a black 2007 Honda Civic... still around :p

#10 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 15,158 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:04

Not really a big concern to me. I own a black 2007 Honda Civic... still around :p

There's your answer... How did your color perform during those 4+ years of ownership... I recall a detailing thread, chips, scuffs and anything else show more with darker colors. BUTT white colors due to the clear coat changes tone over the years so it might SLIGHTLY notice a slight colorshift over the years 4+, but again, nothing a proper detailing (mild polish or something even less abrassive, again, you know detailing so.)

#11 OP +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:39

I've owned my black Civic for 5.5 years (Since July 2007, again bought new). No issues at all. It's impossible to keep clean and a lot of work to maintain, but it still looks new. I still get compliments from people about how fresh my car looks. Most people in my office can't believe my car has been around for that long.

#12 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• 7,548 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08

Neutral color cars are the best. Had white, pita, had black bigger pita, red less of a pita than both above, electric blue was about the same as red, the best was my medium green (not real light, not real dark). The color was called mystic green by Nissan, it hid the dirt really well.

Edit here is the color
http://images.dealer...php?id=24335827

#13 OP +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:34

Well I ended up with Modern Steel Metallic. One suburban dealer gave me an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up. I'll be taking in a 2013 Honda Accord Touring I4 6MT in Modern Steel Metallic soon :D

#14 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,992 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:50

Get white, it reflects more of the sunlight back into the atmosphere and helps fight global warming.

#15 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,568 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52

Pink or Beige!
Nobody will ever DARE steal it :p