Thinking of selling my gear...

So I have come to the decision that I will sell my PC and buy a mini pc for use of media streaming (plex) as I never use it anymore and have my shiny new MBP retina 13" for daily browsing etc.

any ideas how much id get for my kit?

Specs:

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )

AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz (Socket AM3)

Silverstone Fortress ft03 Black

GeForce GTX 570 1280MB

corsair hx650 PSU

Intel 2.5 120GB SSD

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

Segate Barracuda 500gb HDD

Corsair H55 CPU cooler

Fresh Copy of windows 8 Profesional (legit version!)

Second hand id stil say about ?600-?700, IS it custom build or a shop build? I'd also look at what Crisp said, individual parts on ebay may do well.

:o - I would say around ?350-400 tops

Well I really want to get around or over ?400-?500 but dont want to have to split it all up as that case is a real bi**h to take apart!

Looking at buying the intel NUC and sticking that on the back of my 27" monitor as my bedroom media :)

Custom Built! the MB, CPU fan, Case, GFX and HDD are all less then 6 months old!

Well I really want to get around or over ?400-?500 but dont want to have to split it all up as that case is a real bi**h to take apart!

For ?500 you could build a much more powerful machine, thats the problem

You have to ignore how much you spent on building it and look at it as if you were going to buy it on eBay or somewhere vs building a new machine yourself

Visit Newegg or eBuyer and total up how much everything would cost new, then half it, that would be how I would estimate selling that hardware second hand with a positive mind that it 'might' do better

So I have come to the decision that I will sell my PC and buy a mini pc for use of media streaming (plex) as I never use it anymore and have my shiny new MBP retina 13" for daily browsing etc.

any ideas how much id get for my kit?

Specs:

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )

AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz (Socket AM3)

Silverstone Fortress ft03 Black

GeForce GTX 570 1280MB

corsair hx650 PSU

Intel 2.5 120GB SSD

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

Segate Barracuda 500gb HDD

Corsair H55 CPU cooler

Fresh Copy of windows 8 Profesional (legit version!)

Off topic how do you like plex?

Off topic how do you like plex?

Love it! the only thing it lacks is PVR functionality but its media managing features are great.

Ive set up a NAS drive for movies and tv episodes and havean old hp DC7900 as a media server. I can stream using the plex media center program to all my devices including my ipad even when im not at home. you should check it out as its all completely free and see what you think!

Ok so just an update, the deed is done! Sold for ?500! ALready ordered my new HTPC which will arrive on Monday.

Gone for the Acer Revo RL70, Specs are:

• Processor - AMD E series E-450 - 1.65
  • RAM - 4GB DDR3
  • Hard Drive - 640GB
  • HD TV Tunner
  • Optical Drive - Blu-Ray DVD Combo
  • Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Also ordered another 4GB of Memory and a 120GB SSD + a USB tunner. Plan is to make this my media player, will use Windows Media Center for the front end for its epg and tv functions with a shortcut into Plex for movies and tv series. Thats all it will be used for!