The Super Bowl XLVII

I bet Beyonce is surely relieved this didn't happen to her during her performance. Her show used too much power. :p

PowerOut_original.gif?1359942289

BCOTaVdCcAADmHr.png

tumblr_m6ujb99wBE1rxgx5bo1_500.png

Very good game. One of the best all year long. Congratulations Ravens, I still hate you! :p

Ahh....another 6 months before more NFL football... :cry: I never know what to do with myself during this time of year, besides follow the draft.

Apparently, I spoke too soon. Lol. Ravens are stopping Kaep in his tracks. Can "Comeback Kaep" do it? Interesting first half. Flacco looks ridiculously amazing. Dude is on fire, lighting up the field. Can't wait for the second half.

You are justified in your hate for Art Modell, but:

I didn't realize you worked the case and have tons of information on it that many didn't have. :rolleyes:

Here is a link to it, as it clearly states he was only charged with obstruction of justice. The legal system did it's thing. I can't say I like the man, but calling the man a murderer without the evidence is asinine. Deal with it.

http://en.wikipedia....is#Murder_trial

If he didn't do anything he wouldn't have settled to pay the families a bunch of money. He's got like 6 kids with a bunch of different women, he needs his money.

If he didn't do anything he wouldn't have settled to pay the families a bunch of money. He's got like 6 kids with a bunch of different women, he needs his money.

Here you go bud. Doesn't seem to matter what I tell you, and what facts that I provide to you. It is in your head he is a murderer, and you can't see differently, even with facts presented to you.

Sharpe didn't probe much further on the topic. His only related inquiry touched on the financial settlement that Lewis reached with family members of the fallen men.

"The one thing I said that, because my name was used the wrong way, money is the last thing I'm worried about, but if money will help those kids out -- and not just those kids but any kid I can help, any family I can support, I'll support," Lewis said. "So don't just take that family and say I gave money to that family, because I've given money to thousands of families time and time again, just to find a different way to help somebody through a rough time."

http://www.nfl.com/n...-in-cbs-sitdown

You know all my SF friends are asking these questions-- If a guy catches a ball then rolls on his back to his knees, then isn't that a down. And They are also forwarding the "holding" of the player that missed the catch. Asking "HOW COULD THEY NOT MISS THAT CALL"

To me I think it was genius to give the safety away... I mean give them 2 points so they won't score 6 (with the almost always 1 extra point or the conversion) so you don't have to punt which usually ends somewhere before the 40 yard line in order to be able to kick it from the 20 yard line to get them to start at the 50 yard line... now that was priceless.

Personally I didn't even follow the season nor did I know who was playing until yesterday.

But then again -- Still don't know why the lights went out..... :iiam:

You know all my SF friends are asking these questions-- If a guy catches a ball then rolls on his back to his knees, then isn't that a down. And They are also forwarding the "holding" of the player that missed the catch. Asking "HOW COULD THEY NOT MISS THAT CALL"

To me I think it was genius to give the safety away... I mean give them 2 points so they won't score 6 (with the almost always 1 extra point or the conversion) so you don't have to punt which usually ends somewhere before the 40 yard line in order to be able to kick it from the 20 yard line to get them to start at the 50 yard line... now that was priceless.

Personally I didn't even follow the season nor did I know who was playing until yesterday.

But then again -- Still don't know why the lights went out..... :iiam:

To be considered down, first and foremost, you have to be touched by an opposing player. If you go down on your own, tripping, and whatnot, you can get back up and continue running. An opposing player from the other team must either touch you while you are down, or while you are going down, or cause you to go down for it to end the play. This is the professional rule. In college if a player goes down no matter what he is down.

If any part of your body besides your hands or feet touch the ground, and an opposing player has touched you, or brought you down, that is considered a down.

Technically that last desperate play was holding, but on the contrary, the receiver was pushing off of the other guys helmet. If anything it would have been offsetting penalties and a repeat of the down. But honestly, I am glad the refs didn't call it. It was nice to see the refs let the players just play this game. There wasn't much in the penalties department tonight, unless they were blatantly obvious and unquestionable.