Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Description of the teaser reel below -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63357

>

Footage started with a dusky shot of a man entering a ship of some kind. The whole thing is very dark. The silhouette slowly walks around a few halls until he's in a room with a silver orb floating atop a pedestal. He reaches for it and takes it without a problem. When he turns around we see it's Chris Pratt and we're not the only ones to see him. A group of angry looking men with big scary looking guns rush in (led by Hounsou) who screams at him to drop the orb.

?Yeah, cool man. No problem! No problem at all!? Djimon: ?Who are you?? Music swells and Pratt says: ?Star-Lord.? ?Who?? In an ?aw, come on!? tone, Pratt says ?Star-Lord, man. The legendary outlaw??

Needless to say, he's arrested. John C. Reilly is like a space cop who is looking over his prisoners, which is the skeleton the footage hangs on. It's their way of introducing these guys to us. There's a deputy of some kind in the room with him and he's talking to him throughout. ?We arrested these five on Zandar. Check out the rap sheets. Drax aka The Destroyer. He's killed scores of Ronan's lieutenants in his search for vengeance...? We see Drax standing, cuffed, in some kind of line-up room/observational thing... except super sci-fi'd with electric windows and all that jazz.

?Gamora, Thanos' adopted daughter... her own personal death machine.? and we see a green-skinned Zoe Saldana standing like she doesn't give a f**k.

Then it cuts to a little furry guy standing on a box in the observation room and the audience went apeshit. I couldn't hear what John C. Reilly was saying, but he did say ?Rocket Raccoon? and ?over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escape from lockup.? Rocket looks annoyed and kind of exhales loudly, almost a sneeze.

Then it cuts to a tall figure standing in the observation room. So tall in fact that we don't see his head. Looks like someone just planted a tree in the room... until it moves, ducking down to look through the window so we see his face. ?Groot.? Reilly described him as ?houseplant/muscle.?

Now it's back to Pratt. ?Peter Jason Quill. He's also known as Star-Lord.? Deputy, ?Who calls him that?? ?Himself, mostly. He's wanted for minor theft, avoiding prosecution, fraud...? As Reilly is reading off the charges, Pratt is doing that turn-the-crank-jack-in-the-box middle finger thing, then acting all innocent. ?I'm sorry! I didn't know how this machine worked!? The way Pratt sold that moment killed the audience. So funny.

The rest of the footage was more montage style, beginning with Pratt being led through alien jail. He sees a big blue brute guy (mostly make-up and practically executed) picks up a pair of headphones. Blue Swede's Hooked On A Feelin' can be heard coming from them. ?Hey, hey, hey! That's mine!? The alien prisoner defiantly puts them on his head. Quill breaks free, hands still cuffed, and chases after him. ?Come here, you big blue bastard! Take that off your head right now!? And he tackles the big guy.

Hooked On A Feelin' plays throughout the rest, giving a driving, light and fun beat through the rest of the footage. There's a knife going to a sleeping Gamora's throat, her eyes snapping open, Drax punching some poor thing into oblivion and, my favorite, a grimacing Rocket Raccoon double fisting uzis and spraying lead in arcs around him. Bunch of action beats and then back to John C. Reilly.

?They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy.? His deputy: ?What a bunch of a-holes.?

======

The footage was silly, ridiculously charming and easily the most fun of anything played in Hall H today. James Gunn's sensibilities were on full display and Chris Pratt was knocking it out of the park. I love him on Parks and Rec, but he's on another level here. I'll eat my hat if he's not an a-lister in the next couple of years.

The secret to a group this weird is to jump headfirst and give it all you got. You can't shy away from the bizarre nature of this particular story at any point or the whole illusion shatters and it seems like Gunn, Feige and the rest of the Marvel team knows this... and turned the weird up to 11.

>

James Gunn Talks Thanos; Says Rocket Raccoon And Groot Casting Coming "Next Week"

That was why the studio would then use a one-shot short movie to explain away Tony Stark's meeting with General Ross in the post-credits scene of that movie! It now appears as if they're doing the same for the one from The Avengers as Thanos becomes a threat to the Guardians of the Galaxy instead of to Earth in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. "We have Thanos," Gunn said. "Thanos is the thing connecting us to the rest of the Marvel Universe at this point and in the future we'll see what happens after this, but for right now, we're connected to the rest of the Marvel Universe because we're resetting the end of The Avengers." Even so, I'm betting that we'll see Earth's Mightiest Heroes battling it out with the Mad Titan in the third instalment of that franchise

• 2 weeks later...

1375294301.png

Ophelia Lovibond has confirmed to InStyle UK magazine that her "first go at sci-fi" will be in Guardians of the Galaxy. "I'm not really allowed to talk about it as it's such a top-secret project," said the Mr. Popper's Penguins actress. "But I'm incredibly excited and I'm still kind of pinching myself." It's speculated that Lovibond's playing The Collector's daughter, Carina Walters. Or, perhaps, Death, the embodiment of the end of life in the Marvel Universe.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=84595

• 2 weeks later...

Rocket Raccoon is still a mystery to me. I still can't believe they still haven't announced who is playing him, especially he is one of the main/lead characters in Guardians. 

Yeah, hopefully it doesn't mean the whole film is set on earth.

Well I would think they won't say that's London it'll probably be somewhere else

Yeah, that's what I thought too. It would've been lame if it were to be set on earth though, haha.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. It would've been lame if it were to be set on earth though, haha.

Might flash on Star-lords past

^True that. Or the bridge just looked like it could be anywhere and that they're changing the backdrop in postproduction.

RUMOR: Sean Gunn is Rocket Raccoon in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Guardians of the Galaxy fan site GuardTheGalaxy.com have heard it from an "inside source" that director James Gunn's brother, Sean Gunn, will in fact be playing Rocket Raccoon in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film. 

Sean Gunn has played a small role in both of James Gunn's directorial efforts, Slither and Super. This rumor could explain why, recently, on James Gunn's Formspring, when asked if his brother would have a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy, James Gunn answered, "Cameo? Not quite." 

c?13802032=OCWb0DLSxVNIWaBfnc-6_0Ee7gU&f

^Well, they were all extras apart from those 2 I guess and the other one that looks like the one on the left :p Also, could be neat is Vin Diesel plays that character (Groot).

Here's some more info about it:

Vin Diesel Teases Possible ?Guardians of the Galaxy? Role

And hopefully it means that Rocket Racoon has been cast finally :p