Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocM

Beverly Hills Cop [CBS]

9 posts in this topic

/sigh

http://m.deadline.com/2013/02/kevin-pollack-joins-cbs-beverly-hills-cop/

Kevin Pollak Joins CBS? ?Beverly Hills Cop?

Kevin Pollak has been cast in CBS? Beverly Hills Cop pilot, from Shawn Ryan, Eddie Murphy and Sony Pictures TV. The hourlong project, a continuation of the movie franchise, centers around Axel Foley?s police officer son Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Pollak, repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and Evolution, will play Rodney Daloof, the irritating and incredibly risk-adverse in-house attorney for the Beverly Hills Police Department, a stickler for rules and a loud mouth. Like Jackson and Murphy, who will guest star in the pilot, Pollak comes from a standup background.

This has fail written all over it

3 people like this

And why do you say that?

Are you one of those *only SHATNER can be the Captain!* sorts - in short, once one actor succeeds in a role, he's the ONLY actor that can do that role?

There actually IS a continuity chain - remember, Foley stayed in BH after the last movie (having your arm lovingly twisted by the city's then Biggest Clean Cheese will do that - on top of that, his boss in Detroit wasn't exactly eager to hold on to him).

Also, Murphy wasn't exactly known for his dramatic acting - the role of Axel Foley launched his dramatic (and later directorial) careers - he's trying to give back. (I refuse to kick sand in his face for that - would you do that to Glen Larson? George Lucas? Steven Spielberg?)

I'm actually looking forward to see how this does in a small screen setting. To do the antics that Murphy pulled in the movie series you have to be young so pushing it to his son is the best thing.

And why do you say that?

No I feel it won't translate well to television but I am hoping to be proved wrong

Yep.

The guy playing Foley's son is the guy who played Al Pacino (or however they spelled it) in Tropic Thunder.

Not interested at all. Like Rappy said, it has fail written all over it.

pj7lx3th.jpg