"Big-Ass Spider" Trailer Released

When a giant alien spider escapes from a military lab and rampages across the city of Los Angeles, it is up to one clever exterminator and his security guard sidekick to kill the creature before the entire city is destroyed. BIG ASS SPIDER! (aka MEGA SPIDER)

Things gone wrong: "he's highly poisonous" ... first mistake... they are VENEMOUS.

Second, unless this spider has a different respiratory system from our native spiders, it would not be able to supply its giant body with enough oxygen to keep it alive.

Third, animals with exoskeletons would be in trouble over a certain size due to weight and other concerns.

Finally, spiders have only contractors. They have no muscles to extend limbs... to do that they literally use blood pressure... they pump fluids into their limbs to open them, while the contracting muscles relax. The amount of pressure needed to move those giant limbs outward would be phenomenal.

Another cheesy over grown spider movie, like Eight Legged Freaks.

I wonder if it'd even be possible to make a serious over grown spider movie.

arachnophobia was a pretty good movie, and it used normal sized spiders.

That movie is the source of many nightmares when I was young. I occasionally check my shoes for spiders to this day. :s

And yeah, that trailer was pretty bad.

haha I hate spiders but ill probably see that, might be the first 'horror' in a while which gives me the creeps.

That being said the directors comments at the start don't do much to dissaude downloading