Photo

Issue in Google Calender

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 17:59

Here is a Google Calender snap . I have two queries here ..

Posted Image

Q1: What is the difference between Mini Calender and My Calender . I'm confused which one to use.

Q2: I see there are two calenders created under My Calenders . I can see them when I click small triangle under My Calender. How do I remove these two calenders ? I don't see Calender removal choice in Calender settings ....I tried deleting calenders from Calender's settings ...but it did not work.

#2 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 18:37

The mini calendar shows you the full month see below.
Posted Image
This can be handy if your main calendar only shows a week or a day at a time, like my own.
You can use this to go directly to a particular date, it also highlights forthcoming events, in this case above the shows bold.

Not sure about the other question, hopefully one of the other members will chip in.

#3 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 09 February 2013 - 18:44

I've just gone and done a test for question 2. I created a second calendar, "TEST." The calendar appeared in my list of calendars. Then I went in to calendar settings where it list all the calendars, and next to each calendar there is an option to "delete." I selected that, it warned me that the calendar would be completely removed, I click "agree" and it disappeared.

EDIT: I have something under the calendar settings called "tasks." That cannot be deleted.

EDIT 2: Did you create the calendars that you are trying to delete?

#4 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 19:10

EDIT: I have something under the calendar settings called "tasks." That cannot be deleted. // I'm also getting this ...unable to delete

EDIT 2: Did you create the calendars that you are trying to delete? //no I did not...it just came automatically.

I want to get rid of default calenders.....its confusing ...i want to create my own calender and get rid of default. .

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 19:21

I want to get rid of default calenders.....its confusing ...i want to create my own calender and get rid of default. .

I'm not sure what you're having issues with. Here is my list of calendars:

Posted Image

When I go in to calendar settings, I see this:

Posted Image

Each of the calendars that I have created I have the ability to remove. The only thing I cannot remove is the tasks option.

Maybe if you show us a screenshot of what you're seeing, we could help better.

#6 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 19:29

I'm not sure what you're having issues with. Here is my list of calendars:

Posted Image

When I go in to calendar settings, I see this:

Posted Image

Each of the calendars that I have created I have the ability to remove. The only thing I cannot remove is the tasks option.

Maybe if you show us a screenshot of what you're seeing, we could help better.

I also get "Task" without a delete button same as yours .....is there anyway I can delete it ?

I also get another calender with delete button ....I click delete ...it alerts for data loss ....but finally it does not delete.

#7 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 19:39

I also get "Task" without a delete button same as yours .....is there anyway I can delete it ?

If I had to take a guess, I would say "no." There is no way to remove the Tasks.

For the other calendars, make sure you're reading the warning correctly:

Posted Image

You must check the box to get the delete option to appear:

Posted Image

Then the calendar should disappear. If it doesn't maybe try clearing your browser's cache, restarting the browser and checking Google calendar again.

#8 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:27

yup...I tried that way exactly.....but it did not delete.

anyway, Can you please tell how do I add a reminder ?

I want an email and SMS to be sent by google calender on 3 March 2013 in the morning by 8.30 AM with a message " Don't miss insurance Premium Today !" .........I'm not sure how do I configure this in the Calender. Can anyone please tell me steps in easy way to do this ?

#9 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:39

anyway, Can you please tell how do I add a reminder ?

I want an email and SMS to be sent by google calender on 3 March 2013 in the morning by 8.30 AM with a message " Don't miss insurance Premium Today !" .........I'm not sure how do I configure this in the Calender. Can anyone please tell me steps in easy way to do this ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I suggest looking in to other options, as Google Calendar doesn't seem to be working for you. Maybe add a reminder to your phone?

#10 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:43

Posted Image

Posted Image

I suggest looking in to other options, as Google Calendar doesn't seem to be working for you. Maybe add a reminder to your phone?

Thanks for your time.

Could you please tell which option I need choose from your screenshot ?

Is it New Events ? I guess it is because I'm gonna set up a new event ...right ? But I'm worried because it says You won't receive any email notification ....This is confusing.

>>>Maybe add a reminder to your phone?
Reminder to phone ? I guess they won't be cloud based solution then.....I want to set up reminders in internet only.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!