Photo

Is NVIDIA going to release new GPUS in 2013?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MariosX

MariosX

The man with no dreams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:54

Hello.
After reading that AMD/ATI is not going to release any GPUS this year, I would like to know if NVIDIA is planning the same or if there will be any price drops.

Thanks a lot

#2 Semtex

Semtex

Neowinian

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:20

http://www.xbitlabs....Name_Titan.html
Posted Image
Not official specs. But looks promising, IMO, GTX 770 will be best, price/performance :)

#3 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:30

They both are going to release GPUs this year. They've been pushed to Q4 though (Sept - Dec)

http://news.softpedi...13-325786.shtml

#4 DigitalManifestations

DigitalManifestations

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:15

Q4? Damn. I was worried I made the wrong choice getting my GTX 660 in January. Looks like I did not! I was hoping for a March/April release though so I could use EVGas step up program :(. Oh well. The 660 should last me into 2014 when even newer cards are released. I wonder if this has anything to do with a focus being placed on next gen gaming consoles or if they have an entirely seperate team working on it? (I don't know much about the production side of things.)

#5 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:19

They both are going to release GPUs this year. They've been pushed to Q4 though (Sept - Dec)

http://news.softpedi...13-325786.shtml

I think AMD's are just going to be rebranded cards.

#6 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:27

There's no point releasing new gpus until xbox next and ps4 launch.

The sad truth is pc gaming is limited by console gaming these days.

An old 6950 or 560ti can still perfectly play all games unless you're going over 1080p single monitor res.

#7 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:35

There's no point releasing new gpus until xbox next and ps4 launch.

The sad truth is pc gaming is limited by console gaming these days.

An old 6950 or 560ti can still perfectly play all games unless you're going over 1080p single monitor res.

It's only limiting some games because developers don't put the extra time and money to make a true pc version and just do a port. That's more to do with the business side of things than anything technical holding them back. Sure with the next Xbox at least we can finally say good bye to dx9.

#8 DigitalManifestations

DigitalManifestations

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:44

It's only limiting some games because developers don't put the extra time and money to make a true pc version and just do a port. That's more to do with the business side of things than anything technical holding them back. Sure with the next Xbox at least we can finally say good bye to dx9.

'

Without derailing this topic too much I wanted to ask since DX9 was brought up: Obviously games look better on the PC than consoles when it comes to ones that aren't just poor ports (IE: Dark Souls) in large part due to DX 11 but when the 360 and PS3 first game out was there such a gap in visual appearance in titles? I really can't recall because its been so long.

#9 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:53

Without derailing this topic too much I wanted to ask since DX9 was brought up: Obviously games look better on the PC than consoles when it comes to ones that aren't just poor ports (IE: Dark Souls) in large part due to DX 11 but when the 360 and PS3 first game out was there such a gap in visual appearance in titles? I really can't recall because its been so long.

Dark Souls with a mod looks much better on the PC, and can run at 60 FPS...

But, there's always been a visual gap. The Xbox has always struggled to do 720p or 60 fps

#10 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:53

'

When 360 games came out first they looked on par or a bit better than what the pc had at the time but we're talking long ago and dx10 wasn't out yet. This didn't last long once we got newer games and cards that supported dx10+.

#11 1941

Banned

Posted 14 February 2013 - 18:02

I prefer PC Gaming. But I could not afford a 670.

#12 DigitalManifestations

DigitalManifestations

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 18:15

Dark Souls with a mod looks much better on the PC, and can run at 60 FPS...

But, there's always been a visual gap. The Xbox has always struggled to do 720p or 60 fps

Right. I'm familiar with the mods but I was using it as an example of an out of the box port. It's the only one in recent memory I could think of heh.

When 360 games came out first they looked on par or a bit better than what the pc had at the time but we're talking long ago and dx10 wasn't out yet. This didn't last long once we got newer games and cards that supported dx10+.

Thanks GP! Ididn't realize it's been so long since they were released - Before DX10? Damn.

Yeah that's why I went with the 660. Good news for people using 560s or anything older is the 6xx series will see a price drop with the new cards - Maybe even sooner if they won't be out until September.

#13 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 14 February 2013 - 18:15

Where did you read that AMD isn't releasing new video cards this year?

These are leaked specs of the Radeon HD 8000 series:

Posted Image
http://videocardz.co...ifiation-leaked

#14 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 18:30

Where did you read that AMD isn't releasing new video cards this year?

These are leaked specs of the Radeon HD 8000 series:

Posted Image
http://videocardz.co...ifiation-leaked

I want to hold out for a 8850 at least but it seems they're not coming anytime soon. I dunno how long I'll wait or if I'll just break down and get a 7850.

#15 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 18:35

I want to hold out for a 8850 at least but it seems they're not coming anytime soon. I dunno how long I'll wait or if I'll just break down and get a 7850.

You could get a 7870 for $199 today.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!