Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iTunes in Windows 8

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there!

I'm getting a problem when installing iTunes in Windows 8. Here is a screenshot of the error.

Posted

Did you download iTunes 64?

Looks like you downloaded the 32bit version while you're using 64.

Posted

Im pretty sure I downloaded the 64bit version, but somehow I managed to start iTunes after this and it said I could not connect my iphone because the installed version was not 64bit. Kinda weird cause the download link I clicked said 64bit version. I better try one more time!

Posted

Just tried but get the same error anyway.

Posted

[quote name='ampersand' timestamp='1360962459' post='595524000']
Just tried but get the same error anyway.
[/quote]
That's odd.

Trying installing this first, the x64 version: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431

Then installing itunes x64.

Posted

Tried to install that now and I got this error

Posted

You are running a 64-bit version of Windows 8, right?

Posted

Yes, at least it says so in My Computer >> Properties

I will try run it in compatibility mode for windows7 and see what happens

Posted

I installed iTunes 11 64bit on a brand new Toshiba Satellite Laptop running Windows 8 and have had no problems.

Hope you fix your problem !!!!

Posted

kinda weird. I need this one to bakcup my iphone

Posted

judging that you've had a similar error message for 2 very different pieces of software it sounds to me like your windows installer has bugged out (which is a PITA to fix sometimes)

Posted

how can I fix that ? I have been able to install a lot of other things with no problems.

Posted

Is your Windows installation up to date?

Try to download and install the Visual C++ 2005 and Visual C++ 2010 redistributables from microsoft.com and try to install it again.

You can use the link in my signature and download a customized iTunes installer to try as well.

Posted

[quote name='ampersand' timestamp='1360965676' post='595524120']
kinda weird. I need this one to bakcup my iphone
[/quote]

Out of curiosity...why do you need it to backup your iphone? Why not just use icloud? I use icloud for backup and cannot actually remember the last time I used itunes for anything.

Posted

I gets errors still even with these installed. Also with the customized itunes installer

I wasnt sure how the icloud worked. Does it backup the songs I bought in iTunes too ?

Posted

Try this:

[quote]Open regedit go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS and remove PendingXmlIdentifier, NextQueueEntryIndex, AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries

Posted

[quote name='ampersand' timestamp='1360968872' post='595524202']
I gets errors still even with these installed. Also with the customized itunes installer

I wasnt sure how the icloud worked. Does it backup the songs I bought in iTunes too ?
[/quote]

Any purchase, app or song, is remembered by itunes and is able to re-download again from the itunes server. So it's not 'backed up' per say but rather the system remembers your settings and then just re-downloads when needed. What is backed up to icloud is pics, sms/imessages, call history, and ios device settings. Also any app that uses icloud can back up their settings to it.

Posted

[quote name='-Razorfold' timestamp='1360969055' post='595524218']
Try this:

Source: [url="http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/228f31ca-c6ea-4065-b194-fca208d1af82/"]http://social.techne...4-fca208d1af82/[/url]

Then uninstall iTunes, install that VC2005 link I provided you earlier, and reinstall iTunes.
[/quote]

Thanks, but I cant find the COMPONENTS folder in the regedit. I did the rest and installed the vc2005 thing, but got the same error message. :s

Edit> I found the components now, but not the winner folder.

Posted

You could try following these instructions and see if they solve it. They are a bit old but you can try them:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/itunes-install-error/c1359ee5-e18d-4512-8bff-890936db2810