Screen disturbance

Hi guys,

I need your help, I have an Acer Extensa 4230 and i think the screen is gone :/

Can you express your opinion, what's happening and what are my options

Many thanks

post-340570-0-49359500-1361019325.jpg

It could just be that the video cable has come loose from the motherboard, otherwise I would say that the screen has had it, and you need to replace the LCD panel.

This type of problem (where the controller board ribbon cable has separated from the LCD) is not user serviceable, and is cost prohibitive to have professionally repaired.

So just get a new screen from ebay.

It could just be that the video cable has come loose from the motherboard, otherwise I would say that the screen has had it, and you need to replace the LCD panel.

This type of problem (where the controller board ribbon cable has separated from the LCD) is not user serviceable, and is cost prohibitive to have professionally repaired.

So just get a new screen from ebay.

Ic. I just booted up Linux, and the screen is normal :/

Also note that i just formatted the PC and installed Windows 7 as the default OS. (Also the installation screens are normal)

PS: When installing the OS and in Linux, the screen is offset to the right by about 30px, and about 5px from the top

Well that knocks my theory on it's arse, doesn't it? lol

That can only really point to a driver issue, unless you got lucky and the connection has reseated itself enough to show an image.

Boot into safe mode, see what happens.

Well that knocks my theory on it's arse, doesn't it? lol

That can only really point to a driver issue, unless you got lucky and the connection has reseated itself enough to show an image.

Boot into safe mode, see what happens.

Yeah it does lol.

Also i am thinking about a driver issue, but its the stock driver that comes with windows 7.

I already tried to boot into safe mode, it will began to load the drivers and because i format it, it isn't allowing me to continue because it needs to configure thus is not allowing safe mode.

I will try to install Windows XP SP3 to see what happens.

post-340570-0-68075500-1361021001.jpg

If it wasn't for the clear picture in Linux, I would say 100% the screen had been damaged physically

What happens in Linux if you very gently flex (twist) the top corners of the screen opposite ways? (Very gently only a few mm to test for cracks)