Photo

metro pdf reader or adobe reader xi?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 February 2013 - 15:11

If you were to be conducting a pilot program for a wide scale windows 8 tablet roll-out (currently at 15 tablets) what would you choose? Would you stay at the built-in metro pdf reader or go with say adobe reader or a 3rd party such as foxit?

Adobe has the ability to add a signature but seems sluggish. Foxit is wickedly fast but is quite basic.

#2 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 19 February 2013 - 15:16

If you're choosing between apps only, I'd stick with the default Reader. If you're considering all the options including desktop programs, then I'd pick Adobe Reader XI or whatever version is current, unless for some reason, it doesn't play nicely with the touch interface.

#3 OP #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 February 2013 - 15:27

If you're choosing between apps only, I'd stick with the default Reader. If you're considering all the options including desktop programs, then I'd pick Adobe Reader XI or whatever version is current, unless for some reason, it doesn't play nicely with the touch interface.

Actually, adobe plays very nicely with the touch interface especially when using it with the signature feature. But depending on what tablet you are using (surface pro vs. low end fujitsu) it can be sluggish.

#4 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 19 February 2013 - 15:38

Sumatra

#5 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 August 2013 - 16:12

Actually, adobe plays very nicely with the touch interface especially when using it with the signature feature. But depending on what tablet you are using (surface pro vs. low end fujitsu) it can be sluggish.

However, between the two, if you need to view in a non-full-screen window, Adobe Reader is still the best choice.  (I have both installed, and use the ModernUI Reader for full-screen PDFing, and Adobe for windowed PDFing.) 

#6 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 16 August 2013 - 22:14

Adobe, its faster and has broader features.

#7 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 16 August 2013 - 22:18

i'd say go with Foxit. it's not quite as basic as people make it out to be anymore, and it's still very quick and un-bloated

#8 Menge

Menge

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 August 2013 - 22:24

If you just need to view the files, keep it standard. Less trouble updating and less security vulnerabilities, it seems.