http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221b_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221c_e.pdf

console.png

controller.png

Single chip custom processor

8 Jaguar cores x86 CPU

1.84 Teraflops GPU (18CU)

The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.

8GB GDDR5 176GB/s unified

Immediate Gameplay

PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features ?suspend mode? which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.

PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode. The system takes it one step further by making digital titles playable as they are being downloaded. When a player purchases a game, PS4 downloads just a fraction of the data so gamers can start playing immediately, and the rest is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay.

Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

Looks like the leaked specs were on the money then. So tired stayed up till past 2am watching the Giantbomb coverage of the event.

I am so excited, gone is the arrogant "this is how its going to be, Sony knows best" Sony and in with the new "what developers want, what gamers want" Sony.

Not interested in sharing video clips but the potential is amazing, being able to spectate and even give control of your game over to someone else is amazing, being able to try EVERY PS4 game instantly without downloading multiple gigabytes is mind blowing.

If I'm honest the graphics were a little underwhelming, I haven't seen any proper screenshots yet only compressed video so that may change.

I am also a little worried about the GDDR5, the leaked specs said 4Gb and I think the reason they didn't show off the console today was that the 8Gb change was in response to Durango 8Gb which means having to redesign the whole console to fit the memory into it.

Can't wait for E3 now and depending on price I am probably going to get one on day one.

• Like 1

Looks like the leaked specs were on the money then. So tired stayed up till past 2am watching the Giantbomb coverage of the event.

I am so excited, gone is the arrogant "this is how its going to be, Sony knows best" Sony and in with the new "what developers want, what gamers want" Sony.

Not interested in sharing video clips but the potential is amazing, being able to spectate and even give control of your game over to someone else is amazing, being able to try EVERY PS4 game instantly without downloading multiple gigabytes is mind blowing.

If I'm honest the graphics were a little underwhelming, I haven't seen any proper screenshots yet only compressed video so that may change.

I am also a little worried about the GDDR5, the leaked specs said 4Gb and I think the reason they didn't show off the console today was that the 8Gb change was in response to Durango 8Gb which means having to redesign the whole console to fit the memory into it.

Can't wait for E3 now and depending on price I am probably going to get one on day one.

I don't think this has anything at all to do with it, never put all your eggs in one basket (save something for E3).

Graphics underwhelming? looks great to me.

8492669767_dd19b1a222_o.jpg

8492669853_6a379ce081_o.jpg

8492669883_a633ed04fa_o.jpg

8492670001_b0b9c92d42_o.jpg

8493770440_1eda3e4bff_o.jpg

8492669647_45b971ded2_o.jpg8493770318_dfc65a75ba_o.jpg8492669529_dde76bc52f_o.jpg

8493770744_c6cc5606f9_o.jpg8492669461_744c4e22ae_o.jpg8492670257_1ca2d8d9aa_o.jpg

It looks 'great', not the kind of leap I was expecting but I suppose at this stage we are getting diminishing returns. I was hoping something more along the lines of deep down but that didn't look like gameplay in the slightest.

It looks 'great', not the kind of leap I was expecting but I suppose at this stage we are getting diminishing returns. I was hoping something more along the lines of deep down but that didn't look like gameplay in the slightest.

Most likely we'll see the same leap later in the generation, remember the launch titles of the 360 compared to now? :rofl:

Graphics are totally underwhelming and a complete let down. Hopefully we will see better stuff soon.

I am not easily pleased. I found even Crysis 3's graphics a bit meh.

Watch dogs... hmm we are on right path.

I was really surprised at the specs. Pretty much developers have been saying we want more ram and Sony has delivered that. Also their Social platform sounds very nice. I like the idea of broadcasting on ustream. I think a lot of us have always wanted to do this but never could afford or work out what kind of hardware they would need to do this.

I guess we'll have to wait till e3 to see some tech demos running real time and being controlled in real time. They had guys on stage with a controller but was that guy really controlling Killzone?

My only real disappointment was that backwards compatibility is gone in favour of Gaikai cloud service because it may be lag free but we have to rely on Sony to have the service stable and them to have that particular game available. Another thing, they never mentioned pricing on anything. How many of these services are going to be free?

Overall though, i was very impressed compared to the PS3 announcement/launch, it seems they've learnt a lot of lessons from the PS3. To be honest though they could have drop kicked a box with PS4 wrote on it and it would have been better.

They've laid down the gauntlet to Microsoft and now they must top that. Which i can't work out how Microsoft will.

Did anyone else groan at the DIablo 3 announcement? :laugh:

I sure hope game prices do not go up. What would people do if games are say $100 each ? How much rescources will a developer need to make games for these new systems? The more I see the graphics for these new consoles the more I see a new video games crash coming. Who will buy games if they are so expensive?

$500 for a console and $80 for each game? I cant afford that.

I just hope I can still use my PS3 Pulse Elite Headphones with this new system :)

are those the bluetooth ones? if so I'd imagine they would still work, would also be nice if the dualshock 3s worked as well (at least with games that do not make use of the touchpad)

I don't think game prices will go up, some developers have said that there won't be increased costs.

LOL. Good one. Won't be increased costs for MAKING the games but you can damn well bet on that prices for games will go up.

It's to be expected considering the complete architecture change.

the early games on any new console are never a gigantic leap from the previous gen. it takes devs years to refine the graphics. look at the Uncharted series as just one example.

LOL. Good one. Won't be increased costs for MAKING the games but you can damn well bet on that prices for games will go up.

Why would they, they didn't from ps2 to ps3???

the early games on any new console are never a gigantic leap from the previous gen. it takes devs years to refine the graphics. look at the Uncharted series as just one example.

Yes I know but the leap from PS2 to PS3 was far bigger.

Why would they, they didn't from ps2 to ps3???

Yes I know but the leap from PS2 to PS3 was far bigger.

Activision wasn't as powerful and as domineering as it is now. My guess is $64.99 for games....possibly higher.

I just hope I can still use my PS3 Pulse Elite Headphones with this new system :)

It'll work. Since it uses a USB dongle, it'll plug right into the PS4 and function. You can bet that Sony will have a NEW headset, though, to plug into the PS4's DS4 port at the bottom of the controller. I'm fine with my Pulse, though. I love 'em!