Full PS4 specs, console and controller

PS3 XDR RAM had 22GB/s data rate and a 2x Blu-ray drive that read at 9MB/s

PS4 has GDDR5 at 176GB/s and 6x Blu-ray at 26MB/s

9x the bandwidth but only 3x the theoretical read speed. Without having games on flash media I don't think there is any way round load times.

I hope the PS4 supports SSD storage. I imagine games would load almost instantaneously on a fast SSD.

I never said or assumed that, the original argument was the load times was going to be worse due to the graphical leap but with the HDD specs not being disclosed we don't know, Sony could go with 7200 RPM drives this time since its dirt cheap and it will still be a small increase in load speeds but not worse, all i'm trying to put across is the load times will improve but not skyrocket. :rofl:

i guess in the end it will be a case of, when its out we shall know.

I hope the PS4 supports SSD storage. I imagine games would load almost instantaneously on a fast SSD.

The PS3 did sort of, people were reporting quite substantial gains in GT5 http://www.gtplanet....s3-ssd-upgrade/

i guess in the end it will be a case of, when its out we shall know.

yup 4 months till E3, 9 till the PS4. :)

It will support it but won't come with one. If they are pushing game recording and digital downloads its almost certainly going to be a 2.5" drive of at least 500Gb, hopefully 7200rpm.

It will support it but won't come with one. If they are pushing game recording and digital downloads its almost certainly going to be a 2.5" drive of at least 500Gb, hopefully 7200rpm.

Yeah. It makes sense to opt for larger storage over faster read/write speeds. It better be a 7200 RPM drive.