Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Visual Studio 2012 Premium MSDN access?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I just purchased VS2012 with MSDN premium, it came with a CD-Key and that was it, no subscription activation key or anything.... this was a "keycard" purchase where you just get the key... how in the world do you get MSDN access? there is not one piece of info on it, just that it comes with MSDN premium...

anyone know? thanks

Posted

Did you buy it from a Microsoft partner? If so give them a call and see if they can help. The activation process can be complicated so I always get my reseller to talk me through it.

Posted

Did you buy it from a Microsoft partner? If so give them a call and see if they can help. The activation process can be complicated so I always get my reseller to talk me through it.

yeah, through a MS vendor.. we always got a subscirption ID or something in the past, but it was also retail packages in the past

Posted

alright, its bad when the vendor doesn't even know....... and MSDN support is clueless and keeps telling me to enter my subscriber ID....

Posted

You could just google "en_visual_studio_premium_2012_x86_dvd_920758.iso". That should find you a download of the MSDN ISO pretty easily (probably cant post links on Neowin). Simply download and check the SHA1 matches the one from MSDN.

You should then be able to install and activate with your key fine (Y)

Visual Studio Premium 2012 (x86) - DVD (English)

File Name: en_visual_studio_premium_2012_x86_dvd_920758.iso

Languages: English

SHA1: D3DB608CD10AE0B34D0222C6455300EA995C769F

Posted

You could just google "en_visual_studio_premium_2012_x86_dvd_920758.iso". That should find you a download of the MSDN ISO pretty easily (probably cant post links on Neowin). Simply download and check the SHA1 matches the one from MSDN.

You should then be able to install and activate with your key fine (Y)

Visual Studio Premium 2012 (x86) - DVD (English)

File Name: en_visual_studio_premium_2012_x86_dvd_920758.iso

Languages: English

SHA1: D3DB608CD10AE0B34D0222C6455300EA995C769F

msdn isn't an ISO.... it's a subscription package... I'm not looking for the MSDN Library :)