Group policy allowing stored RDC passwords?

Hello Folks,

On my main, general use Win8 desktop, I use the Windows 8 Remote Desktop app frequently. It is handy because I can have several RDC sessions open at once, and switch between them quickly. I have 3 physical boxes and many VM's of various OS's on my home network, all of which are members of a Server 2012 domain.

With a RDC connection to my Windows XP VM, the Remote Desktop app allows me to use a saved password when logging on and it gets me straight in to the desktop. On Vista, 7, or Win 8 VMs, if i try to use a saved password, I get the following message:

post-173952-0-82566500-1361494467.jpg

Is there a group policy that I can set on the server that will allow me to use a stored password and thereby bypass having to enter my password every time i log in via the Remote Desktop app?

Thanks!

Thanks for that... I'm reading up and trying some changes. No luck so far. I tried setting "Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Dektop Client > Allow RDP files from unknown publishers" to enabled and no change to the login behavior.

Maybe I should add that the user credentials I want to log on to the RDC VM with are not the same as the host machine. The correct creds are just saved in the RDC app. (This brings up a fault of the Win8 RDC app... there is no way to delete saved connection creds from within the app.)

Thanks for the help. The setting below did it for me. Not sure why I was expecting this to be controlled by my DC instead of the local machine.

?On your local machine Open Windows command prompt type: gpedit.msc -> Press Enter -> a new window will popout

?Go to Local Computer Policy ?> Computer Configuration ?> Administrative Templates ?> System ?> Credentials Delegation

?Double Click on ?Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication?

?By default it will be ?not configured?

?You will see radio buttons -> Enable the policy

?Click the ?Show? button in the options window below and enter the value ?TERMSRV/*? (without quotes) into the list.

?Click Apply button