Firefox not displaying webpages

I'm using Firefox 11 on my Windows 7 laptop. I know that Firefox 11 isn't the most recent version of Firefox, but I'm using it for compatibility with remote connection software.

The error message showing up is: "Firefox cannot establish a connection to the server." For example, I tried to login to neowin and got this message. When I accessed neowin using IE, it worked. I tried several other pages, all with the same result.

With IE10 constantly reporting I am not connected to a network and with Firefox not loading webpages, I essentially have no Internet access on my laptop. I've checked the obvious as far as making sure that the WiFi on the laptop didn't get turned off and I checked my router and making sure the modem was online.

There is no proxy connection for either browser.

The way I am having to browse the Internet now is to reload every page on average of 3-4 times.

Is there a failure of the internal wireless card in the computer? Is there malware that could be interfering with the connection to websites? The problem with Firefox just started and as far as IE, it started shortly after upgrading to IE 10.

What do you have your Wireless Adapter TCP/IP v4 settings at ?

You have DHCP enabled and made sure its working on the router, or do you have a Static IP and Correct Gateway / DNS set up ?

I changed the DNS settings back to automatic and I changed the channel on the router.

I'm still having problems getting pages to load in Firefox -- a message appears stating that the server can't be found.

Within the router configuration page, I clicked the button to search for firmware updates, but none could be found. I haven't downloaded any firmware udpates since getting the router so I don't know what version I have to then determine if there is a new version available. The router is several years old, so I wonder if this problem as well as the problem i posted about IE stating I am not connected to a network can be resolved by gettig a new router.