Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Xbox Live question

13 posts in this topic

Posted

This might be a dumb question, considering the expansion of the brand to phones and mobile games, even iOS with Wordament, so my question is, with the next Xbox, will we see a GS reset or just simply a carry over of Achievements list?

Posted

No one will know for sure - but I would think it would carry over.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='tsupersonic' timestamp='1361539851' post='595536646']
No one will know for sure - but I would think it would carry over.
[/quote]
That's what I was thinking, especially since they rolled in Windows Phone games, and (iirc) Windows 8 games (Xbox titles) to the XBL gamerscore, so I'd think they almost have to. I was just curious what others thought.

Posted

I think it will carry over. I think your xbox live gold subscription will also be transferred over with your gamertag... they done this on the first xbox to the 360, and would do the same from 360 to whatever they call the new one - allowing your subscription to be moved to the new console is a great way of retaining customers as most wouldn't want to pay for a new online subscription on a new console.

Posted

[quote name='nitroxhotshot' timestamp='1361540926' post='595536672']
I think it will carry over. I think your xbox live gold subscription will also be transferred over with your gamertag... they done this on the first xbox to the 360, and would do the same from 360 to whatever they call the new one - allowing your subscription to be moved to the new console is a great way of retaining customers as most wouldn't want to pay for a new online subscription on a new console.
[/quote]
I cannot remember, I had Xbox Live on my original console too, did that make multi-player on the original Xbox unplayable because of the next gen transfer? Be nice to have a working XBL profile that I could use on the Xbox 360 and the new one, probably will be what they do since I'm sure they're to release many games after the new launch..

Posted

[quote name='Alladaskill17' timestamp='1361543233' post='595536754']

I cannot remember, I had Xbox Live on my original console too, did that make multi-player on the original Xbox unplayable because of the next gen transfer? Be nice to have a working XBL profile that I could use on the Xbox 360 and the new one, probably will be what they do since I'm sure they're to release many games after the new launch..
[/quote]
I think they stopped supporting original Xbox because they wanted to increase friends list limit of 100

Posted

Your Gamerscore and Achievements are online, so I don't see why they wouldn't carry over. XBOX Live isn't changing. Just a new console being added to the mix.

Posted

Yeah, no way it'll reset. They'll just carry it over, your gamertag and score are part of the live service itself and not limited to just the 360.

Posted

Your points, achievement, tenure, avatar, etc. are all part of MS's way of encouraging "loyalty" to Xbox Live, so resetting it would serve no purpose.

Posted

Pretty sure they will keep all your achievements and score. If people had to start again, I'd imagine many wouldn't be opposed to changing brands.

Posted

Sony confirmed at the presentation that your trophies and gamecard will carry over from PS3, there's no way MS will not do the same. Of course they might do a reset anyway, like they did a year ago around the time Mass Effect 3 came out heh heh but we got those points back..most of them at least!

Posted

Could you imagine how mental people would go if MS reset them? haha.

Posted

Yeah remember our reaction from a year ago heh heh...