Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies No word on Green Lantern 2, says Mark Strong

12 posts in this topic

pjuj5y7w.jpg

Mark Strong has revealed that he has heard no word about a Green Lantern movie sequel.

The actor, who played Sinestro in the critical and commercial flop, has discussed his generally well-received role.

"I really like Green Lantern," he told MTV News. "I don't have a problem with it at all. But it just didn't seem to do anything at the box office or it didn't do what they were hoping it would do at the box office. I think that more than anything, economics, dictates whether or not they make another one.

"I think it's a real shame. I loved making Green Lantern and I loved playing Sinestro and I was really excited about the direction that he was going to take in the second one."

The conclusion of the Ryan Reynolds-starring Warner Bros film set the franchise up for a sequel featuring the founding of the fear-powered Sinestro Corps.

"A lot of people seemed to be confused by him putting on the ring at the end of the movie," Strong continued. "They felt that it came out of nowhere. All it was, during the credits, there was a sequence which was a nod to where the trilogy was intending to head to. It wasn't ever meant to be part of the story of the first film.

"I would be surprised if they made a second one because I've heard nothing about it in quite a while now.

"What that standalone moment was intended to relate to was where the movies were headed and that, for me, would have been very exciting because the putting on of the ring and the whole suit turning yellow would have been great fun."

Strong was most recently seen in Zero Dark Thirty.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a461114/green-lantern-no-word-on-sequel--says-mark-strong.html

Best strategey: get a new Hal for the Justice League film and put far more edge on him. Then get s new director and a new GL film might fly.

I just hope they don't wait too long... then decide it needs a reboot.....

That was my one pet peeve is that instead of keeping the stories (which the comics have loads) they reboot.

I am tired of Spiderman / Superman reboot's.

I would love to see a Green Lantern 2..

Because the first one was actually really good - Said no one ever.

1 person likes this

LOL

I enjoyed watching the first one so I think it was good, but not really good. I might be a little biased though because Hal Jordan is my favourite super hero.

I don't think a reboot is necessary. If they make a second movie and it's really good, then it'll makeup for the flaws in the first one. There's so much they could draw from in the comics. Also, Mark Strong's Sinestro was very similar to how I imagined the character.

IMO, Mark Strong absolutely nailed Sinestro and should return in any potential sequels. Period.

As to thefirst film; I'd have based it on the Green Lantern: First Flight animated feature DVD.

Best strategey: get a new Hal for the Justice League film and put far more edge on him. Then get s new director and a new GL film might fly.

Agreed. Ryan Reynolds is not GL. He is a terrible actor in general.

IMO, Mark Strong absolutely nailed Sinestro and should return in any potential sequels. Period.

Yeah he really did

Reynolds would have made an excellent Kyle Rayner. Hal in the movie felt like Kyle half the time anyway. Of course Kyle ties for my favorite GL with Alan Scott.

But as Hal, yep, I have to agree - Ryan didn't work.

Still, the movie was enjoyable. Better than X3 or Wolverine certainly.

Agree on the GL part, but Reynolds does some stellar work in some films, he just needs to pick his parts better.

Check him out in Buried, hes great in that.

How about this - do a different Sector 2814 Green Lantern: John Stewart.

I see him being played by someone like Shemar Moore of Criminal Minds, or of that type.

jla651.jpg