Photo

Disably Firefox Nightly Modern UI?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:14

I installed the latest Firefox 22 nightly and when I open links in a modern app thats pinned to the desktop it tries to open in modern Firefox, I want it to open in desktop firefox.

How do i stop it.

#2 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:18

Any link in a Modern app will open in the default Modern browser. That behavior is unchangeable. But, in Modern IE, there is a "view on desktop" button - I'm not sure if there is one in Firefox or not.

#3 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:23

It does have a "view on desktop" button but I want it to default load the desktop version not modern, I don't want to have to keep clicking view on desktop and then closing the app.

#4 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:35

Sorry. There isn't any way of doing that. If you don't want to be in Modern, either use copy to copy the link if you're able, or find a desktop replacement for the Modern app you're using. But any links inside Modern apps will be opened by whichever Modern browser you have set to default.

#5 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:42

What a joke, Windows 8 is garbage.

#6 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:48

In Chrome there's an option to relaunch the browser in desktop mode (and vice versa) and it keeps all the tabs you have open.

#7 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:51

What a joke, Windows 8 is garbage.

lol!! Finally noticing hey?

#8 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:07

It is a problem, what's the point in giving desktop users the option to pin modern apps if they don't give you the choice of opening programs on the desktop, is this the progress Microsoft thinks its making?

#9 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:14

It is a problem, what's the point in giving desktop users the option to pin modern apps if they don't give you the choice of opening programs on the desktop, is this the progress Microsoft thinks its making?

That makes no sense. You're crying over the fact that Metro apps don't run on the desktop. They were never meant to. If you don't want Metro, then don't use it. But This is Windows 8 working as it was intended to.

#10 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:17

Do you have to be so stubborn and condescending against people who find issues with Windows 8 with the "you're doing it wrong" answer?

Why doesn't it make sense, I'm not using a tablet, I'm using a DESKTOP PC and I want pinned Metro apps when clicked to open a desktop browser, desktop programs can open Metro apps why not the other way round?

#11 link6155

link6155

Neowinian

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:24

Not sure why Windows 8/Metro haters have to go around on every windows 8 thread and say how much garbage it is. If you don't like it, then stay away from it. I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's opinion through all this posting.

If you don't like Metro Firefox, you can just switch over to another Firefox based browser such as Palemoon or waterfox.

#12 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:26

So now I'm not allowed to ask for resolutions to problems I'm having with Windows 8 just in case it upsets the metro "fans"?

How is switching to other Firefox based browsers going to help, once they have caught up with the version that has Modern UI I'm going to have the same f****** problems.

Also not sure why Windows 8/Metro lovers have to go around on every windows 8 thread and say how brilliant it is. If you don't like it, then stay away from it.

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion I'm just trying to get my problems fix for christ sake.

#13 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:28

If anyone is being condescending, it's you. I gave you an answer and attacked me over it.

But the truth is, if you use Metro, expect to be using Metro, that's all there is to it. That's the way things are designed.

#14 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:31

So now I 'attacked' you, such a martyr.

Microsoft designed it so that you could pin metro apps and use them side by side with desktop, you can open metro apps by clicking things in the desktop, why can't you open desktop programs by clicking things in metro apps?

#15 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:33

How is switching to other Firefox based browsers going to help, once they have caught
up with the version that has Modern UI I'm going to have the same f****** problems.

AFAIK ... Moonchild Productions have no plans to introduce support for the ModernUI on Windows 8 for Pale Moon.