Robin the Boy Wonder killed off

th?id=H.4913125657084388&pid=15.1&H=160&W=127

Robin the Boy Wonder, Batman?s aide-de-camp, will be killed battling a brutal enemy in a comic book published Wednesday.

The shocking demise of the Dark Knight?s sidekick will first appear in issue No. 8 of the offshoot title ?Batman Incorporated,? but the aftermath of his death will ripple throughout the DC Comics universe, the publisher confirmed exclusively to The Post.

?He saves the world. He does his job as Robin,? writer Grant Morrison said. ?He dies an absolute hero.?

Robin ? a k a Damian Wayne, the 10-year-old son of Bruce Wayne ? is slain fighting a hulking assassin who happens to be, in true comic-book form, a ?brother? cloned from his genetic material.

And ? SPOILER ALERT ! ? unlike all the times he has swooped in at the last minute, Batman arrives too late to save his prot?g?.

more

post-37120-0-91041500-1361827010.png

Not like a Robin hasn't died before. The first Robin was killed (1989), but later found out to be alive and known as The Red Hood. The robin after that became NightWing. And the robin after NightWing was kidnapped by Joker and tortured/brainwashed into becoming the Joker's son. It's rare for a Robin to not end up ****ed :p

Well, all the Robin gay jokes aside, DC did go out of it's way to have batman and catwoman getting it on a few times in her comic.

As for this Robin, isn't his mom the one trying to kill him all this time? Talk about family problems.

Not like a Robin hasn't died before. The first Robin was killed (1989), but later found out to be alive and known as The Red Hood. The robin after that became NightWing. And the robin after NightWing was kidnapped by Joker and tortured/brainwashed into becoming the Joker's son. It's rare for a Robin to not end up ****ed :p

Got that a little mixed up. The first Robin, Dick Grayson, became Nightwing, whereas Jason Todd was killed by the Joker, but came back due to Superboy Prime altering reality.

And the news coming out before the issue was released is really stupid. Damien will be back, of that I have no doubt.

Got that a little mixed up. The first Robin, Dick Grayson, became Nightwing, whereas Jason Todd was killed by the Joker, but came back due to Superboy Prime altering reality.

And the news coming out before the issue was released is really stupid. Damien will be back, of that I have no doubt.

Yup, I sure did. Thanks for the correction. Still pretty grim outcomes now for 3/4 Robins :p

@Mathachew: Jason Todd was thrown into a Lazarus Pit by Talia al Ghul. He came back as The Red Hood to get back at Batman for not avenging his death. He now has his own comic book with the outlaws and he's still part of the bat-family. Bruce doesn't approve his ways of handling justice, but as long as Jason is getting the necessary results, he's okay with it.

@shakey: That was Tim Drake and it only happened in the cartoon. It never really happened in the comic books, apart from the Batman Beyond Unlimited comic books. Though I don't really see that one as canon nor do I see the cartoon as canon.

1st Robin: Dick Grayson, shed off the Robin persona to become Nightwing after having talked with Superman.

2nd Robin: Jason Todd, who was killed by the Joker and than brought back to life by Talia in a lazarus pit. He's now The Red Hood and he's fighting justice in his own way.

3rd Robin: Tim Drake, who also shed of the Robin persona when Damian was brought into Bruce's life. Tim was forced to shed off this persona though and he took the role of the Red Robin to go on a search for Bruce Wayne. He believed that Bruce didn't die.

4th Robin: Damian Wayne, son of Bruce and Talia. Talia wanted a kid of Bruce to force Bruce into teaming up with her to take over the world. At least, that's what I know about that.

Though yeah, I firmly believe that Damian will come back. Also, the Robin persona has changed over the years. He's not so much the "Boy-Wonder" that he used to be, he's now more of a "Boy Assassin".

What a crock!!

Worse than a soap opera for dieing and coming back to life!!

Always wondered how that one soap ever got the name One Life to Live when some of those people have had more lives than a cat or a Robin!!

I don't take comic book deaths seriously in the DC universe because of the Lazarus Pit. :laugh: