Can not access BIOS after CMOS battery change

The CMOS battery died on my mainboard and I replaced it, but now I can not get into the BIOS. When I press the del key to enter, I am greated with a blue bar across the screen, but it never loads past that point! I need to get into BIOS so I can enable AHCI, and set the RAM timeing. The board is DFI Inc. LP DK 790FXB-M3H5, and I really do not know what else to do!

I did that. I am not sure for how long I need to leave the pins jumped and/or do I power the system up with the pins jumped? I no longer have the manual.

Can you POST or enter the BIOS without the new battery in ?

Are you using a USB keyboard? Have you tried a PS/2 keyboard ?

I have not tried without battery, and the keyboard is USB do not have PS/2 one

I have not tried without battery, and the keyboard is USB do not have PS/2 one

I'm wondering if the BIOS reset has disabled Legacy USB support, meaning the only way to enter the BIOS would be via a PS/2 keyboard

I do not think so. I have flashed the BIOS before and never had any issues gaining access.

Normal EFI BIOS's don't reset to default when you flash a new BIOS (Mine never did anyway), UEFI BIOSs do though, PITA

So are you not getting anything at all from the board, no POST or boot ? Or just no access to BIOS ?

It posts. I have an LED display on the board and it indicates it has posted just fine (FF). Windows will not load properly without AHCI enabled, hence the reason I need to enter the BIOS! Also for the record, DFI's website seems to have issues. DFI.com.tw does not load...

It posts. I have an LED display on the board and it indicates it has posted just fine (FF). Windows will not load properly without AHCI enabled, hence the reason I need to enter the BIOS! Also for the record, DFI's website seems to have issues. DFI.com.tw does not load...

Got ya, and yea that site seems down here too

Certainly sounds like USB Legacy support is not enabled if it is POSTing fine but won't let you in

Don't you have anyone nearby you could borrow a keyboard from ?

Or one of those PS/2 to USB adapters that come with some keyboards ?

EDIT - http://www.dfi.com.tw/

Working here

New symptom, when I power up the system, I do not get a POST. I have RAM with led's on it, and they are solid as opposed to blinking...

Remove / Test each RAM module on their own ?

Make sure you didn't dislodge anything while you were replacing the battery

Resetting the BIOS could have messed with all the hardware settings though, I know boards I have had in the past, if left on Auto, things are set to the wrong speeds and voltages