Had a WSUS running on Windows 2003. It stopped working and wouldn't start.
Figured I would just put a new one up running on 2012 since we moved our two DCs to 2012 over winter break.
Everything appears fine. I check IIS and when I check for http://wsus/xxxx/wuident.cab
, the file is there.
On test machines, it shows the updates being available, but it won't download them. I get a generic 08244091 (I believe, I'm not at machine now). The general consensus is that it's a network error of some kind, but I cannot figure out what is going on.
I disabled the firewall to test, and same issue. GP is set correctly with port 8530 in the URL. Machines are checking in with the WSUS server. It's showing 100 of them so far. Nothing stands out in the log file to me, but this is first time I've set one up.
Mostly Win7 64-bit clients with a few XP which will be moving to Win7, so Win7 is my focus.
I can post more info as requested, I just wasn't sure where to start. I can post log files if necessary.