Acer Aspire one 721-3574 - GPU failing?

It seems in the last day or two my Aspire one by Acer running Windows 7 HP 64 bit w/2 GB of RAM has decided to green screen a youtube video when @ 360p or higher, I seriously doubt my GPU is failing but could it be?. Why not use a desktop you might wonder, the HP slimline (s7700n) I got in March of 2007 s' powersupply has failed (I presume) and my stubborn father refuses to get a replacement . . . Instead I have to use this Acer as my system.

So it doesn't green-screen at 240p?

Unless you've got some strange setup I would assume it'd be using overlay for all video modes therefore if it works fine on 240p and not on 360p+ then I wouldn't think that's a GPU issue, GPU driver issue maybe.

What about running some (free) games and see if they do the same?

I ran the quake games 2 days ago (to see if I could really hear any music), simcity 4 (digital from steam) yesterday, & bejeweled 3. They all correctly showed the picture. I used to be able to watch youtube videos in 360 and higher resolutions. Now it seems I can't. I have in the last few weeks tried to watch some videos in I think 2560 x 1440 - which is far more than what this monitor can handle and it green screened but didn't when I went to 1080p.

For my setup:

- Microsoft SiderWinder x4 keyboard

- Microsoft mouse (only three buttons)

- System it self

- VGA cable to connect to monitor

-- http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824009145

- Cable from my sound system going into the headphone port (so I can hear through my logitech speakers)

Well if they're all correctly showing the picture then it's not a GPU-hardware problem.

Try updating the software drivers for the GPU.

nothing is wrong with your GPU, but it might be a GPU driver issue.something going wrong when its trying to do a video overlay.but try this. load your video and right click it and go to settings, then to display. take off "enable hardware acceleration", then restart your browser. the video should play fine, but it isnt using your GPU for hardware acceleration. Try to update your driver and then maybe try to enable hardware acceleration again to see if it fixes the issue.

Also odd, randomly some text on the screen I am on seems to go pixily - as in like a 7 you can see the pixiles that make up the text. When I highlight the affected parts, or the whole page it seems to go away. I'll try to get a pic.