IE10 Protected Mode issues.

I've recently installed Internet Explorer 10 RTM. I've experience issue with Protected Mode. With Protected Mode on, MSN (homepage) simply won't load and the browser takes forever to open.

I've reset all the settings and disabled all add-ons which has made no difference.

Here's Internet Explorer 10 with Protected on:

347fmnd.png

ojhxs5.png

And with Protected Mode off:

xdcqhi.png

2vl9wyp.png

Interesting, as that's the default option (and is working here on a Win7 box). Have you attempted to reset IE to defaults and try again? Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

No issues here even with enhanced protected mode, You must have messed something up in the security settings

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've fixed that issue on two computers.

The problem is that something get corrupted when I upgraded from IE10 beta to IE10 RTM.

When I uninstalled IE10 RTM, it apparently reverted to IE10 beta instead of IE 9. That's why my earlier attempt to reinstall didn't solve the problem.

The solution is to uninstall IE10 RTM then uninstall IE10 beta to revert all the way to IE9. After that, I install IE10 RTM and everything works perfectly.

Apparently, this issue happens under some special circumstances since I also upgraded IE10 beta to IE10 RTM on two other computers and IE10 RTM works without a hitch there.