SimCity (2013)

Now I can get into the game, select create game... "Unable to create game at this time. Please try later".

This is getting tiresome.

And we still have most of the EU to activate @ 12.00 tonight, the servers will crumble more than ever then, so it's only gonna get worse before it gets any better ;)

Are any of those games really any better? Also it's worth noting all of these games were first introduced several years ago. Sim City 4 might have been a great game but it's more than 10 years old.

Cities XL

http://www.metacriti...me/pc/cities-xl

I have Cities XL 2012 installed on my PC and it has some quirks, but overall, it's MUCH better than SimCity. It's a little bit less on the eye candy and you don't need to follow the emotions of each sims. You can SAVE a game! The size of the land is bigger too. It's harder, compared to this Simcity where it's easy to get money and have lots of sims.

Take a look on youtube, many video available to see Cities XL in action.

So my L.E. copy has shipped through Amazon UK with next day delivery. Hopefully I will be able to play. Although I'm not holding out much hope.

Also, sold out of the Limited Edition on Amazon UK, only standard edition remains.

Well the depth and detail better be good because it feels like I'm stuck on being zoomed in all the way, except that's my whole city. They need to increase the size of the land you have to work with. I'm sticking with my SimCity 3000 for now.

IF you rush through building the city then you will feel the game is short and not big enough. once you hit 100k population then you see where rushing through building gets you and why they have smaller plots .

The things that are in this game have more strategy to them. You have to create multiple cities in this game that share resources instead of one big city. I spent 5 hours building 1 city . It got up to 100k and then I realized I need to start another one that has other things like oil and more schools . which means another 5 hours building that up.

Its not a bad game but just a different way of building cities. I say its more like NYC . NYC each borough is more like its own city with one mayor that rules over each individual city.

What's the big deal? All he said was that when the servers are going down, they've got people around the clock working on getting them up as soon as possible.

They have been promising this for 2 days. If the servers are down you can't play this game at all. Essentially you donated ea $80 .

IF you rush through building the city then you will feel the game is short and not big enough. once you hit 100k population then you see where rushing through building gets you and why they have smaller plots .

The things that are in this game have more strategy to them. You have to create multiple cities in this game that share resources instead of one big city. I spent 5 hours building 1 city . It got up to 100k and then I realized I need to start another one that has other things like oil and more schools . which means another 5 hours building that up.

Its not a bad game but just a different way of building cities. I say its more like NYC . NYC each borough is more like its own city with one mayor that rules over each individual city.

They have been promising this for 2 days. If the servers are down you can't play this game at all. Essentially you donated ea $80 .

Putting that ****** on Origin was the worst mistake ever...if this keeps up i wont buy the game and i've been playing Simcity since the old days

Putting that ****** on Origin was the worst mistake ever...if this keeps up i wont buy the game and i've been playing Simcity since the old days

I like the game itself and I have played every version of SimCity including societies. Its the always online concept I hate. Its not needed if you create your own region.

You really think Origin and SimCity are hosted on the same servers? Origin only downloads the launcher.

You really think Origin and SimCity are hosted on the same servers? Origin only downloads the launcher.

The SimCity problems were causing problems for other games also.

I wouldn't. At least not yet. I'm so fed up with this crap I almost want to ask for my money back and never give it another thought. This is my first Origin game and I can promise this, I won't be back for another one.

Given EA's history with servers, there's a good chance they only have one and it's stored in someone's damp basement. :ike:

It just gets better...lol

SimCity: EA disables non-critical features to ease server issues

SimCity server woes continue, and EA is working around the clock to put them right. In the meantime the publisher has switched off some of the game?s non-essential features to ease the weight currently bearing down on the game?s servers.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/07/simcity-ea-disables-non-critical-features-to-ease-server-issues/

:laugh:

Given EA's history with servers, there's a good chance they only have one and it's stored in someone's damp basement. :ike:

Uh huh. I'll note that neither Battleforge nor SW:TOR use the Origin servers for anything but login. I assume Need for Speed: World and Warhammer Online don't either.

W00t!!! I'm in the UK, just got an email from Origin, and downloaded straight away only took 2 minutes (BT Infinity :)), now just to wait until 00:01am, this is my first ever order through Origin, and it looks promising, no delays at the moment....

W00t!!! I'm in the UK, just got an email from Origin, and downloaded straight away only took 2 minutes (BT Infinity :)), now just to wait until 00:01am, this is my first ever order through Origin, and it looks promising, no delays at the moment....

Good luck trying to connect to the servers, lol.

It just gets better...lol

SimCity: EA disables non-critical features to ease server issues

SimCity server woes continue, and EA is working around the clock to put them right. In the meantime the publisher has switched off some of the game?s non-essential features to ease the weight currently bearing down on the game?s servers.

http://www.vg247.com...-server-issues/

:laugh:

So all of the features that require the constant-on internet connection are now disabled? Great. So why couldn't they make an offline mode? :angry:

Well it would download straight away, it's just an installer file (268Mb). Come 00:01am, you will have 12Gb+ of download heartache waiting for you ;), then weeks of server issues by the looks of it, on top of that :)

Don't be expecting to play anytime soon.

I'm UK also.

Well it would download straight away, it's just an installer file (268Mb). Come 00:01am, you will have 12Gb+ of download heartache waiting for you ;), then weeks of server issues by the looks of it, on top of that :)

Don't be expecting to play anytime soon.

I'm UK also.

Well as I say this is my first time so don't know what to expect, fingers, toes and legs crossed... If I can connect I'll be happy, as they say leave the best to last....

I didn't even realize there was a road upgrade button til just now haha. Right on.

I yet to play the game (only getting it tomorrow), but even I knew that button existed from countless videos around the web :D

edit: OMG!!!111!!!1!1 the "Saving post..." was loading for far too long after I hit the button to post the reply. **** EA and Origin!!!111!!1111

so that was an extremely fast download and install.. the patch afterwards actually took longer.

THEN.... WTF. a queue to play freaking Sim City, and not only that, I'm queued on Oceania.. since EVERYTHING else is full. Oceania is as far as it's possibly to get from Norway. And from what I can see the queue isn't even a queue it just says ") minutes till next connection attempt" . translated from Norwegian, since it automagically decided I wanted to play in Norwegian... never mind the fact the queue started t 20 minutes...

Why isn't there at least more server. screw their other problems, they're all full, they need more.

So all of the features that require the constant-on internet connection are now disabled? Great. So why couldn't they make an offline mode? :angry:

ummm have you even seen any reviews of the game ? there's a LOT more to the online than leaderboards.