yahoo e-mail hacked account

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:50

Hi guys.

One person on Yahoo that had my email address on his Yahoo mail contacts sent me mail entitled "news". After I opened the mail and saw nothing but a link. I clicked on the link but my browser warned me of the bad reputation link and I clicked on the option to move away from the site. I realize his computer must have been infected. I sent him an email about it. Even though he does not communicate or send me mail for months or probably a year already (or longer), I knew this is not him. Today browsing through the news, I saw the FrontPage news from yesterday and now think that his account is no longer in his control. I, too, have Yahoo mail account. I have logged in several times but I still have my Yahoo account. It is not yet hacked. Should I be concern about it? My password is too easy to guess. Just wondering if there's any updated news about Yahoo account. Should I remove his account from my list and block him? I rarely logged in my Yahoo mail account.

Any suggestions or tips would greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:16

First thing is change your password and security questions

#3 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 12 March 2013 - 17:24

First thing I would do is, switch to an email provider which isn't hacked more than phlegm and which gives you two-factor authentication.

#4 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 12 March 2013 - 17:25

They can hack my Yahoo account all they want. Hope they like spam because thats all there is.

#5 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:16

why would you click a lonesome link from someone you never really talk to to begin with?

#6 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:06

First thing I would do is, switch to an email provider which isn't hacked more than phlegm and which gives you two-factor authentication.

Pretty sure Yahoo offer two factor authentication. My 10 year old dormant account was accessed from Vietnam & China in January. I changed the password on it and security question and set it to text me if someone logged into it from an unknown computer. Never heard from Yahoo since so I'm assuming all is well :)