15 posts in this topic

Insurance premiums remain among the costliest components of auto ownership, with the average rates for family sedans rising by 3.4 percent last year, according to the AAA in Orlando, Florida. While premiums are largely based on one

1 person likes this

that's pretty shocking. i only pay somewhere around $1200/yr.

Holy crap, that's some crazy monies! I figured NY would be high on that list but apparently not.

no wonder why people in Louisiana are so poor

1 person likes this

53/mo here

I thought New Jersey had the highest rates in the USA. I pay ~ $2400.00/year for myself, my wife and a son who is under 25. Three cars are insured.

Hmm, I thought NJ/NY/MD/MA/CA area would be most expensive, but I guess not. Mine is about $1200/yr with full coverage on a CLS 63 in upstate NY...

I always figured we were paying too much.

I don't pay close to that much living in California and I have pretty damn good coverage.

2000 Chevy Cavalier in Colorado. Liability only. Geico.

$127 for 6 months of coverage. :)

That's just wicked... They really are only out to make money, and lots of it. (N)

Getting a quote from eSurance on a leased 2013 BMW 535i with all-inclusive coverage and being that I'm 20 first time car buyer in LA, I average to ~$465 a month xD. The car is not the issue, its the insurance that gets me. I got better quotes from Progressive and Geico and cosigning also helps with someone with a good record. I have NO TICKETS let alone points.

and most of those are going through a main stream ins co like allstate, farmers and state farm and paying the higher premiums. I ditched allstate years ago for raising my rrates while having accident free, perfect driving records for my wife and I. We now go through Farm Bureau and pay $1800 a year for 2 cars and our house. If you are on one of the big 3 and are paying what i pay just for your cars...you are getting gouged and should look for a better rate.

1200 a year with the full package but i get the safe driving diiscount

Wife and I pay $2,400/year for a Pilot/Pathfinder. I'm assuming the totals in the OP are per car and not policy?