Recommend me a Graphics Card

I'm not a heavy gamer at all, but just been and purchased Sim City which is complaining about my Graphics Card and recommends I run it in low settings for better performance.

Can some please recommend a graphics card please?

Spec of my PC is in my signature. My current card is a Geforce GT 610 with 2GB ram onboard. Can be nVidia or AMD, I don't mind either. Suppose the other thing I should mention is that I run it in 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Could you tell me your motherboard?

How much are you maybe thinking of spending?

Could you tell me your motherboard?

How much are you maybe thinking of spending?

It's the N68-VS3, link to manufacturer's page below if that helps,

http://www.asrock.co...A/N68-VS3%20FX/

Around ?100, not much I know but not got much to play with. If I have to save up though it's not a problem, think I might be able to cope with the low settings for a while.

I would suggest getting a 650 Ti, it is a few bucks more than you want to spend, but where your at im sure you can find a deal.

I would suggest getting a 650 Ti, it is a few bucks more than you want to spend, but where your at im sure you can find a deal.

I wouldn't suggest spending 3 times more than you need to for a card you won't utilise. For Sim City this is a terrible recommendation.

I wouldn't suggest spending 3 times more than you need to for a card you won't utilise. For Sim City this is a terrible recommendation.

For the sake of just playing Sim City, then I would agree but getting 650 Ti now may cover any future games that I may venture into if and when they take my fancy. Saying that, does you wife play any other games with the 6450? I can grab one of thos from ebay for around ?35.

For the sake of just playing Sim City, then I would agree but getting 650 Ti now may cover any future games that I may venture into if and when they take my fancy. Saying that, does you wife play any other games with the 6450? I can grab one of thos from ebay for around ?35.

In that case, I would get a GTX Titan.

I would agree with you, but im sure this user is/will if he gets the card explore more games in the future. And with the times its still good to have something relatively up to date.

She plays that, Anno 2070, Age Of Empires 2/3, Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 Mostly. It runs GTA IV well, and I've played Modern Warfare 2 on it with no issues at good settings.

I would suggest sticking with the 7000 series Ati cards or 600 series Nvidia cards.

Thanks to Astropheed and YounGMessiah for all your help and advice, just ordered the MSI 7750 I linked to earlier.

You're welcome. Nice card. It'll run SimCity perfectly.

Well got my new card and installed it last night, something doesn't feel right for some reason. Loading cities takes forever and the game tips that are on the loading screen seems really slow in been drawn etc. Can anyone suggest anything or should I post this in the Sim City Topic?

Well got my new card and installed it last night, something doesn't feel right for some reason. Loading cities takes forever and the game tips that are on the loading screen seems really slow in been drawn etc. Can anyone suggest anything or should I post this in the Sim City Topic?

Is it only SimCity? You have latest drivers for gpu and updates for game installed?

Is it only SimCity? You have latest drivers for gpu and updates for game installed?

It appears to be only Sim City. I have the latest drivers from ATI / AMD and as far as I know all the updates for Sim City, unfortunately not got much time to diagnose till Saturday :(