2 Modems - How do I make it work like one network

Hi,

I have had a home network for sometime now and get my service from Rogers. I have one router I hang off of it which I disabled DHCP and set its base number quite high so that I could extend my wireless coverage but not get conflicts. I found info on the web on how to do this so don't make any assumptions about my skills. I can read and follow instructions but don't know enough to devise my own solutions.

I have a media server hanging off the 2nd router and I use it to store all my movies, photo's and music. Right now I can see this media server when ever I get on a computer (wired or wireless) on my network.

Bell approached me the other day and offered 1 year of free internet to attempt to get my business. I really don't like their service but for free I took it as it also expands my allowable data cap by another 100GB monthly.

What I would like to do is to have it set up where if I access the Bell network (wirelessly or wired) I can see the media server sitting on the other network as if I were connected to the Rogers network. The two modems are sitting side-by-side, what's the easiest way to accomplish this with the least investment? Is it a patch cable or do I need anothe piece of hardware? I'm only going to hang on to the second service for the year and then eject one of them (I'm not planning to pay for two services).

Thanks!

BTW I read a similar post earlier but the poster went off on so many tangents I just got lost. Also his two modems weren't physically close to each other and it seemed like that was part of his problem.

Disable the dhcp on routers and assign static IP addresses to machines on your network, link them together via ethernet cable (the routers), and use the gateway ip address to tell which pc's to use whichever router.

Example

Rogers Router - Local ip address 192.168.0.1

Bell Router - Local IP address 192.168.0.2

Media server - IP address 192.168.0.3 - Gateway 192.168.0.2

Your PC - IP Address 192.168.0.4 - Gateway 192.168.0.1

You can then follow this on and assign each machine its own gateway to which ever provider you wish. This is the simpliest solution I can think of for you, and with little experience required to achieve it. All machines then use the same network, just access the internet from which ever provider you wish them to use.

Youwhat has the correct solution - but you don't need to disable dhcp on both the routers, just the one you don't want to use as default gateway.

For clients you want to use the 2nd router (isp) as their gateway to the internet, just set them up static to point to that routers lan IP.