• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#211 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:41

xbox live is down today, if the new xbox were our right now and the rumor is true that you have to always be online to play games then no one would be able to play their xbox right now

this isn't the first instance of xbox live going down and it most likely won't be the last. with this and the fact that the internet isn't perfect (people do lose their internet connection from time to time), I can't see how anyone could support the always online as this rumor is

#212 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:55

I'm not convinced the 720 will require an always on connection.

#213 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 April 2013 - 23:16

After this article on Kotaku, I'd take anything they say with a giant mountain of salt.

Posted Image

#214 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 13 April 2013 - 23:31

After this article on Kotaku, I'd take anything they say with a giant mountain of salt.

Take anything you find on the internet with a giant mountain of salt... that's fake ;)

It's a parody of this (note the same date and time):
http://kotaku.com/59...station-4-event

#215 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 April 2013 - 23:32

Off topic but these feminists don't want equality they want advantages over others.

Patricia Hernandez has said a lot of stupid things, even if this article was fake she's probably thinking about writing something a long those lines.

Posted Image

#216 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 22 April 2013 - 21:28

In order not to upset anyone sensitive to these rumours, a new topic isn't needed so I'll leave this here

"It sounds like the next Xbox will be always-online

"What do I think? Very brave, so to speak, decision from Microsoft. Still, the question is whether or not somebody had to do it sooner or later. I'm not personally worried about it myself because as a player it's doable at my home. Even looking at countries like Poland ... there are people who do not have internet, but probably most of them know that it wouldn't even make sense in their case to own a current-gen console, because without the internet you have like half of it [the experience].

"I don't expect it to be that big of a deal, personally. Still, I'm not [an] advisor on that - if it was up to me I probably wouldn't do it so early."

I can't talk too much about the next-gen Xbox," he added, "but I don't think a lot of people [are] going to be surprised. I don't think it's going to be huge news what's inside, no - seriously."

He could talk about what 8GB of GDDR5 RAM in PS4 meant for Lords of the Fallen, though. "Way more richer detail on all of the assets," he said. "For example, I couldn't even imagine making a tessellated game on the current generation of consoles. It might even be one of the biggest gaps. And on the next ones [consoles] it's going to be standard, in my opinion. And you just can see more on the screen right now, because it's gonna fit and the memory's gonna be fast.""

Next Xbox possibly blocking pre-owned?

If this is a thing, Gop "seriously" hasn't heard of it, but does have an opinion about it. "Personally I understand people who buy pre-owned games, who sell them. I never will disrespect anybody and I will never encourage anybody, and I will never stand on the side of anybody banning that, personally. "But then again I'm not a businessman, I'm a developer. If somebody feels like he can't make ends [meet] without it, it's gonna be his decision, and he's going to take it on his chest with all the storm that comes with it. It's his choice. Personally, I'm not in favour of this feature. Players don't want it, and a bigger part of me is a player."

Source: http://www.eurogamer...oles-action-rpg

#217 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 21:37

Off topic but these feminists don't want equality they want advantages over others.

Patricia Hernandez has said a lot of stupid things, even if this article was fake she's probably thinking about writing something a long those lines.

Will you give this anti-feminism **** a rest? There are plenty of forums out there where frustrated men whine about "feminazis" and how women are ruining everything. Take your fight there.

#218 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 22:59

In order not to upset anyone sensitive to these rumours, a new topic isn't needed so I'll leave this here

Not sure what the point of this is. They're just asking an executive what he thinks of previous rumors. The guy nor the interviewer has anything to add to the rumor or any more proof that it's true.

#219 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:41

Not sure what the point of this is. They're just asking an executive what he thinks of previous rumors. The guy nor the interviewer has anything to add to the rumor or any more proof that it's true.

It sounds like next Xbox will vomit ponies...

#220 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:55

Always online/always connected != connection required, the PS4 will also be always on always online.

it brings traffic and thus gives them ad income, that's the only purpose of that "article".

#221 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 23 April 2013 - 14:45

Xing Interactive: Our sources say next Xbox will block used games, require online

The latest suggestion that the Xbox 720 will require an internet connection to play and will not play second hand games comes from David Connolly, managing director at Xing Interactive.

We spoke to Connolly about the the decline of physical retail, and asked how next-gen could affect this already problematic market.

"We hear different things from the two big players," Connolly told us in an interview. "Sony are actively asking for more retailers “past, present and new” to help them support their next PS launch."

Connolly suggests that Sony is being far more open with its approach to the PS4 than Microsoft, who is not looking to accept a wider retailer market if at all possible.

"I have spoken to sources close to Microsoft on the other hand who insist that the next Xbox will not be compatible with second hand, will require permanently on connection, and 'you’ll have to go through Microsoft to do anything'."

http://www.nowgamer....econd_hand.html

#222 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 14:55

I thought you post only from "reputable sources"? WTF is Xing interactive and why should we care what they say? Did you conveniently not post the part where the GameStop executive said he loves next Xbox?
Everything is rumor but if we go by your posts, there are only one kind of rumors.

#223 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:00

I thought you post only from "reputable sources"? WTF is Xing interactive and why should we care what they say? Did you conveniently not post the part where the GameStop executive said he loves next Xbox?
Everything is rumor but if we go by your posts, there are only one kind of rumors.

Do some reading, took me 5 seconds

Xing Interactive might not be a publisher you've heard of. It's unlikely you'll see Snack Games, Xing Interactive's current baby, competing for TV ad space with the likes of Call Of Duty or FIFA.

But then Xing Interactive hasn't had to do that to be successful. Having been founded in the Netherlands in 2001 as a PC-only games publisher, it now sells its products in 32 countries worldwide and opened a UK office this year.

As managing director David Connolly tells us, Xing Interactive is 'also considered the “last man standing” in publishing independently produced games.'

#224 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:01

Do some reading, took me 5 seconds

I did actually. None of their games are on any console as far as I can see. They look like mostly into PC and mobile game. so again WTF should we care what they think about next Xbox or any next console for that matter?

#225 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 23 April 2013 - 16:02

Consoles are serious business.. lol I love these console wars.