Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed

Why? Rocksteady hasn't let us down with the previous down. I have total faith in them.

Its not by rocksteady, its by Warner Bros. Games Montreal

Why? Rocksteady hasn't let us down with the previous down. I have total faith in them.

Because of the setting and the location. It's set in Gotham city and not in an asylum/prison this time and they're making it empty as possible because "it's christmas eve and everyone is at home"? That alone gives me bad feeling.

And not made by Rocksteady Studios.

Its not by rocksteady, its by Warner Bros. Games Montreal

Because of the setting and the location. It's set in Gotham city and not in an asylum/prison this time and they're making it empty as possible because "it's christmas eve and everyone is at home"? That alone gives me bad feeling.

And not made by Rocksteady Studios.

Ugh, not made by Rocksteady? Well then... all my hopes dashed. :cry:

Ugh, not made by Rocksteady? Well then... all my hopes dashed. :cry:

Well it still might be good... hopefully.....

They're going to use Rocksteady's assets so the game should have the Arkham look and core gameplay.

Some screenshots:

4FmX9I9.jpg

AezPeOH.jpg

DHsu6AM.jpg

LHfnKPV.jpg

KZdA5lQ.jpg

KdyTO1f.jpg

Info:

Story

- Takes place on Christmas Eve

- Years before the previous two games

- Mob boss Black Mask will give a fortune for Batman?s head

- Top assassins and supervillains from the DC Comics universe are out to get Batman

- Cops on the take from the mob join the manhunt as well

- Batman needs to outsmart his enemies, find out why Black Mask wants him dead, and prove to what good cops that he?s on their side

General

- Porting Arkham City to Wii U let the team get familiar with Unreal 3

- Doing a prequel lets the team carve a unique territory if Rockstar were to move the Arkham timeline ahead down the road

- Rocksteady?s project is tightly under wraps

- Younger Batman also ?gives us the opportunity to refresh things a bit?

- Combat system still in place

- Will have ?new layers, new opportunities, and new tactics?

- New enemy types

- Batman not as finely honed as in the previous games

- Won?t control the Batwing directly

- Batwing will figure into story sequences and acts as a universe-appropriate form of fast travel

- Has the traditional predator mode in which players swing from perch to perch, glide kick, string guys upside-down, etc.

- New remote claw that is like the grappler in Just Cause 2

- Batman targets two objects and fires out a claw

- This hooks into the first object and launches another claw and rope to the second object

- Can then pull the two objects together

- Use this to knock enemies together, slam heavy objects into foes, string objects or people under a perch

- Can string up an explosive barrel under a perch, lure enemies with a sonic batarang, then cut the rope with a normal batarang, dropping the explosive on their heads

- Team knows Black Mask isn?t the most popular villain

- Old Gotham is only half of the game world

- Another new entire is across the bridge called New Gotham

- New Gotham is classier and has much taller skyscrapers

- New zone doubles the size of the game world

- Players can dismantle the hacked tower network

- Towers emit a jamming signal that prevents the Batwing from flying into the area, meaning no fast travel

- It also halts Batman?s sensors from placing points of interest on the map

- Taking down the towers are varied and require all of Batman?s navigation, puzzle solving, and combat skills

- Some can be taken down quickly, others must be returned to later with an upgrade

- ?Crime in Progress?: ex ? saving some cops from a group of thugs, rescuing a snitch from being tossed off a roof

- Activities give Batman a chance for experience point bonuses

- Completing side quests also contributes to the GCPD?s understanding and appreciation of Batman

- They will begin to know Batman and which side he stands on based on how much you take on the optional missions

- Most Wanted system gives players a chance to go after villains outside of the core storyline

- These optional side missions can be tackled when you discover them

- Many optional missions offer upgrades

- Batman?s butler Alfred may notice that he had a tough time in that situation and give him a new gadget

- Dark Knight system is slightly more behind the scenes, though it?s still important

- Dark Knight system provides a lengthy string of tasks that slowly goes up in difficulty as the game progresses

- The team wants to avoid boring tutorials while still training players to be masters of predator and combat systems

- Complete a certain number of counters or silent takedowns to receive XP rewards or a specific upgrade

- Dark Knight system doesn?t replace challenge mode

- Team wants to make challenges more meaningful

Game demo

- Takes place about an hour into the game

- Batman is perched above Jezebel plaza

- Black Mask?s assassins have stirred up the local thugs

- No towering walls keeping villains in check and many citizens call Arkham City home since there isn?t a prison

- Amusement Mile hasn?t been flooded

- Batman is looking to find out why Black Mask is trying to kill him

- Batman decides to go to the party to track down Penguin, who hears about everything

- Eventually, Penguin gives some intel on a murder at Lacey Towers

- Claw grips Batman?s ankle and drags him out of the room before he can finish his questioning

- Batman reaches for the door, but his arm is stomped by a mysterious figure

- Batman ends up suspended upside-down from the rafters

- Deathstroke circles Batman with a drawn sword

- Batman blocks and disarms Deathstroke, using the sword to cut himself free

- Thanks to Penguin?s tip, Batman goes to Lacey Towers

- The cops say it?s a double homicide

- One victim is supposedly Black Mask

- Inside the apartment, Batman sees Black Mask?s girlfriend strung up on a chandelier

- Black Mask?s assumed body is laying face up across the room

- Batman goes into first-person detective vision to examine the situation

http://gamingeverything.com/45267/batman-arkham-origins-tons-of-details-first-screenshots/?pid=25358

All of this sounds really promising. Really looking forward to it! Loved the first 2 as well!

A prequel? How original! (still better than a reboot though)

Seems like the way they ended Arkham City it'd be easier to do a true followup with a new console gen, so a prequel is mostly filler.

But also, with the iconic villain supposedly dead it might be a bit weird.

Why take this away from Rocksteady? Honestly, I will never understand how these publishing studios work! Let's just hope the new lot don't screw up a very good series!

Why take this away from Rocksteady? Honestly, I will never understand how these publishing studios work! Let's just hope the new lot don't screw up a very good series!

Maybe they're working on something else and can't do another batman game right now? WB didn't want to wait but this is why we are getting this prequel and not something new. They're going to be using much if not the majority of the game assets from AC so overall it should be a solid game. I'd be worried if they started from scratch which isn't the case.

• 1 month later...

<snipped.

I could watch a full length movie done in this style, seriously. Just really well done all around.

- Batman needs to outsmart his enemies, find out why Black Mask wants him dead...

It might have something to do with the fact that you're always ruining their evil plans? Christ, Batman, for a detective I'm surprised you didn't figure that one out yourself...

That trailer was cool. But I'll hold on until I see some gameplay. Here's hoping that the lack of Rocksteady doesn't ruin it.

I could watch a full length movie done in this style, seriously. Just really well done all around.

Yeah I could too. I'm actually pretty excited about AO, but still know like nothing about it.