Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 vs iPad 2 MKV

ipad mkv

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

Neowinian Damned

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:17

AC3 seems to have been removed from most if not all apps from the app store, and so I can no longer put my mkv videos on my ipad for my long train rides. :(

I only use the ipad for mkv playback, streaming video and internet browsing and so this is a massive blow for me.

Rather than jailbreaking once it becomes available for my ios version would I be better off getting a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 ?

I know very little about android but it's my understanding that the tab 2 should have no problem playing back these files and that I could "root" the device to basically install whatever I wanted anyway.

I've had a very quick paly with the tab 2 in a shop and it seemed a little choppy flicking between the app icon screens, but seeing as the ipad 2 goes for about £200 on ebay and the tab 2 is about £250 new the tab would only cost me £50 and I'd no longer have to chase around with iTunes, have expandable memory and a fancy remote for the tv :)

Is this a good option, specifically for mkv playback or am I just getting excited at the prospect of a new piece of hardware to play with?

#2 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:46

im using MX Player and never had a problem. you should be very fine with the galaxy tab 2.
have you considered the google nexus 10 as an alternative?

#3 OP Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

Neowinian Damned

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:34

The nexus 10 is about £100 more expensive so is out of the question, as is the surface or note before anyone suggests those :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!