My Next Build

Alright... been thinking/planning my next build. My 2600K is getting older now and I will donate it to my son...

I've decided, after going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, to give AMD another shot. I know intel runs cooler, cheaper and outperforms AMD in most, if not all ways for their higher-end chips and even some categories in their mid-range chips but I still have a soft spot for AMD despite the fact that they don't seem to be moving forward very well lately. I think the FX-8350 (barely) outperforms my 2600K so I think I won't be disappointed. Anyway, here it is:

Cooler Master HAF XM

Corsair Gold AX850 (overkill but I will likely add another graphic card in a year)

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

ASUS GTX670-DC2 w/4GB VRAM

AMD FX-8350

2 Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB/Sata III SSD (RAID 0)

G.Skill Sniper 1600, 32 GB (I know, should have angled for the 1866 but in most cases it shouldn't matter)

2 Seagate 1TB Enterprise drives (RAID 0)

Corsair H60 cooler

XIGMATEK FCB 200MM fan

Not cheap... but with an SSD (huge upgrade to me) even if the 8350 isn't as fast as an I7, my system will feel supreme to me. :) With all the RAM I can have a ramdisk, should I desire it, but it will also be handy for me when running multiple web servers (JBOSS and others) at the same time... I know that much RAM is overkill but... why not. My current build has lasted 2 years easily. I don't see why a build with an SSD shouldn't last even longer.

I am contemplating adding an additional drive for "junk"... low power green drive... and another plextor external DVD drive (because the case has no drive and I would be giving it to my son - my computer is held up near the ceiling so it was awkward to insert/remove DVDs in an internal drive).

Get the H80i. I bought it and will never look back. Has a lot of features that the H60/H80/H100 didn't have.

All else looks a biit overkill, but if you can afford it, be my guest. :)

I upgraded my brothers machine to one close to that one there.

FX8350

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX r2.0

ASUS ATI 7950 HD 3G

As you stated the ram is overkill but if your willing to pay for it like you said why not lol. 1600Mhz is fast enough you won't even bottleneck anything to really notice the 1866 even if you got it. The 8350FX super fast sure not as quick as the i7 but in all seriousness unless your benchmarking or doing some sort of modeling/encoding you won't tell the difference. I went air cooled on his rig seeing as how it was already a HAF 932 airflow wasn't a real problem, but I did suggest he purchase a coolermaster hyper n 520 over the stock heatsink if he chose to OC in the future. Temps under these current conditions

Minecraft (sadly)

BitMining GPU is at 100% load for the last 5+ hours.

CPU: 45C - 113F

Motherboard: 32C - 89F

Videocard: 62C - 145F

Also before I forget you should look into getting the r2.0 version of that Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. Heres whats in the r2.0 over the r1.0

ASMedia e-SATA controller w/ 2x e-SATA III ports (vs JMicron).

8 SATA ports vs 6.

ASMedia USB 3.0 controller.

4 USB 3.0 ports on back panel vs 2.

Updated LAN controller.

64MB BIOS

SM BIOS 2.7

Various extra fan headers

Improved DIGI VRM (now controls RAM voltage)