Photo

Inside the PS4 with Mark Cerny

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:24

Too much to just copy and paste here but a very good read, never before has a console been revealed in so much detail.

http://www.gamasutra..._with_mark_.php

Can't wait for next gen.

#2 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:41

That was a really great read, When he said "We did not want to create some kind of puzzle that the development community would have to solve in order to create their games". Does that mean we could see alot more indie games on the PS4?

#3 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:42

I swear that guy was on crack when they did the reveal.

#4 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:43

They are going to allow people to self publish games on PSN, if Microsoft don't do the same you can bet on PS4 being the place for the best indie games.

#5 Co-ords

Co-ords

Neowinian faithful one

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:57

I really hope the PS4 crushes the next xbox!

#6 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:00

They are going to allow people to self publish games on PSN, if Microsoft don't do the same you can bet on PS4 being the place for the best indie games.

That's going to be great. I'm starting to see alot of great indie devs make alot better games then big name companies these days.

#7 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:02

I'm really excited about the PS4.

#8 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:04

That was a good read. :)

#9 Haaa-Choo

Haaa-Choo

Take a swing, please do.

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:15

considering that the PS4 hardware is so closely related to consumer pc parts in a slight context -> could we possibly see more PS4 title ports and better quality ports? Just asking this from a pc gaming perspective, because there are so many good games that I would like to play on the pc if that trend possibly is going to pick up :)

#10 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 24 April 2013 - 15:53

Good read. I do like the direction that Sony is taking with the PS4. It does seem to have better potential than the PS3. Well, by "better" I mean "more attainable", which is good news for everyone.

I'm really looking forward to the indie scene in the next generation, and the PS4 seems to in a great position for it.

#11 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 24 April 2013 - 16:19

Unified memory is so freaking cool; this will be the first time a console is actually easier to program for than a PC.

#12 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 24 April 2013 - 16:24

Very exciting!!!

#13 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 24 April 2013 - 23:36

considering that the PS4 hardware is so closely related to consumer pc parts in a slight context -> could we possibly see more PS4 title ports and better quality ports? Just asking this from a pc gaming perspective, because there are so many good games that I would like to play on the pc if that trend possibly is going to pick up :)

Indie ports, yes. First party? No.

#14 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:34

Never say never, it says in the article that developers can port games to the PC in weeks rather than months, this generation because the architecture is the same as a PC we might see more console games making the jump.

#15 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 25 April 2013 - 21:29

Never say never, it says in the article that developers can port games to the PC in weeks rather than months, this generation because the architecture is the same as a PC we might see more console games making the jump.

Outside of maybe some SOE games, you're really not likely to see Naughty Dog or Media Molecule or Guerrilla or SCEA Santa Monica games on Steam.

Now, second-party games, like Journey or even games by Quantic Dream -- sure I could see that.

Third option is for yet another ****ing PC middleware (Steam/Origin/GFWL) that Sony can control and implement cross-platform gameplay.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!