Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Caleo

Caleo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:54

So, my connection @ home is ~10/1mbit, through Cox Cable. Haven't been upgraded in years to 'keep with the times', there's no progress being made for better speeds here.

And then this:
Posted Image
From my phone. Come on, how hard is it to provide decent speeds through a hardwired connection?

I'm guessing this is a pretty common occurrence throughout the US; Stagnant cable ISPs with their monopolies.. not bothering to improve their networks to stay modern.

How's your situation?

#2 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:27

Posted Image

Fiber connection. The LTE here in Singapore is pretty nice also. Speeds around 35Mb up and down. However I'm still on a non LTE phone.

#3 xDayan

xDayan

Neowinian

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:16

Lol I know that feeling, my phone LTE would get 40 down/up, my home internet is only ten down, .5 up lol

#4 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:21

It's the opposite way for me. But that's simply because it's hard for an home isp to manage to be slower than sprint.

#5 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:38

Yeah me too. Well download speeds are similar, but definitely way better upload speeds on phone compared to Cable Internet (SHAW) ,which sucks.
If it weren't so expensive for the DATA plans on my cellphone, I'd just run it as a hotspot all the time, and run my computer threw it.

#6 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:09

I am on Windstream.. 12//768.. I get 9/.4 on a good day.. Cell phone ATT..LTE.. hit aound 30/20meg.. Monday Charter comes to run cable 2000ft for me.. 100 Meg :D

#7 jonathanwhite

jonathanwhite

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:30

The speed of the internet really depends upon the network traffic in your area.If the traffic is higher ,there are chances for speed getting decreased.The mobile carriers in US are still working on a share basis.They used to share their networks for different carriers.So these things may affect the working of phone services and internet in your area.