This RAM Okay?

So i'll give you the dl,

So I feel like buying more RAM for my MacBook Pro (Late 2011), and I came across this

It's priced at
$121.87.

Is that a good price? Secondly, the reason as to why I want to purchase more memory is because I want to run multiple desktops, with applications like iTunes, Logic Pro, and Lightroom being run at the same time. I also don't want to have to close applications, as I prefer to leave them running all the time.

Will the RAM give me a noticeable performance upgrade? Quick look at my specs:

2.4GHz Intel Core i5

4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Also, am I able to upgrade the 1333MHZ the Macbook originally came with and switch for a faster speed? Lets say 1600MHZ?

I have 8 gb 1600mhz on my hackintosh, and os x 10.8.3 barely used 6 gb while running itunes, lightroom, stream, acdsee, vlc player, firefox and utorrent.

Are you sure it is upgradable to 16GB? All specs from here show that it has an 8GB limit.

And It can read 1333 or 1600. So you'd be safe in speed, but as for the quantity, you are over the limit.

Are you sure it is upgradable to 16GB? All specs from here show that it has an 8GB limit.

And It can read 1333 or 1600. So you'd be safe in speed, but as for the quantity, you are over the limit.

Yeah I've read about this too, although I have read posts where users have gotten 16GB of memory to work. Well I guess maybe after what +abysal said I will get the 8GB sticks. They're $50.00 cheaper + I won't have to deal with the event my MacBook does not accept 16GB.

Thanks guys.

And one other question, maybe directed towards Mindovermaster, but will a 1600MHZ stick have a noticeable impact on the performance of my machine? or should I just stick with the 1333MHZ

The only thing 1600 has above 1333, is overclockability. I recently went from 1600 to 1333, snd I didn't notice that great of a change.

So I went out, bought the Corsair 8GB 1333MHZ and it's working like a charm.

Thanks