HBO gives 'Veep' a third season

A day after reporting near-record high ratings for a sophomore comedy, HBO gave that series a 10-episode third season.

With a huge assist from ?Game of Thrones,? the April 29 episode of ?Veep? had 1.3 million viewers. Only the 2012 series premiere ranked higher, with 1.38 million viewers.

Julia Lous-Dreyfus (?Seinfeld?) stars as an overlooked but power-hungry United States vice president Selina Meyer. She earned an Emmy for outstanding lead actress in a comedy for the role.

?Veep? is exec produced by Armando Iannuci (?In the Loop?) and Christopher Godsick and Frankl Rich.

?Girls? and ?Eastbound and Down? are other HBO comedies set to return with new seasons.

From the press release: the ensemble cast of the show also includes Tony Hale as Gary, Vice President Meyer?s right-hand man; Anna Chlumsky as Amy, her chief of staff; Reid Scott as Dan, an ambitious political aide; Matt Walsh as Mike, Vice President Meyer?s weathered spokesperson; Timothy C. Simons as Jonah, an enterprising but annoying White House liaison; Sufe Bradshaw as Sue, Vice President Meyer?s executive assistant; and Kevin Dunn as Ben, the president?s chief of staff.

?Veep? was inspired by BBC?s ?The Thick of It? and ?In the Loop.?

I have never seen it but I always found Thick of It hit and miss so probably won't like this

I have never seen it but I always found Thick of It hit and miss so probably won't like this

I watched few eps of the first season and it's o.k, not more not less...

Maybe one day when i wont have anything else to watch i'll get back to it, but considering the fact that i follow around 50(!!!) shows, i doubt it will happen :)