Suits (Season 3)

Gabriel Macht Interview

The Suits season two finale felt like a game-changer - is the next season something of a reboot?

"Yes and no. Season three, I'll let you know, happens like? three days later than the final episode of season two. So it's not like too many things are actually changing - the momentum of the drama that exists is continuing forward and it's going pretty fast, as far as changes in the team dynamic within the law firm.

"As you probably know, the merger has happened and - as we call it - there's a British Invasion. You're either for that invasion or you're against, and as much as I'm for bringing some terrific British actors into the game, Harvey is against this invasion!

"I love it, because we've got some terrific actors - Conleth Hill and Michelle Fairley and Max Beesley are on board, and we're having a great time on set with all of them. But Harvey is fully against this merger - he wants out.

"I'll give you a tiny little spoiler - Harvey doesn't want to be involved with any of them, so you're going to see him make a play. He is enraged with how Jessica (Gina Torres) has gone behind his back, he's completely cut Mike (Patrick J Adams) off and he's ready to high-tail out of there? I can't believe I just used that word."

"High-tail"?

"Yeah (laughs) - I don't think I've ever used that word before!"

The final season two episodes had Harvey more on the back foot than we're using to seeing - was that fun for you to play?

"Yeah, that's great. I mean, look, for a guy who talks about himself as the best closer in New York, and he's a winner and all of this stuff? what's great about this character is that they set him up to be this smooth criminal who can talk his way out of anything and close every deal...

"But the reality is? you see him losing. He's losing throughout the season, which is great. You see his insecurities come up, he's questioning loyalties around the office and he's got his own ulterior motives - I think it's great to see him unbalanced.

"It's not as challenging to play because I think we're all trying to find our balance throughout our day-to-day interactions with anyone. That's easier to play because we're all connected to that - it's actually harder to play this beefed-up confidence all the time."

Is Harvey's confidence going to take another hit next season, since he's cut off from Jessica and Mike?

"Look, I think some of his confidence is bluster - it's his way to overcompensate for what's going on inside of him. But he's a very ambitious guy and he's not just gonna take a back seat. He makes decisions that could be potential errors of judgement, that take him in different directions."

http://www.spoilertv...-interview.html

Personally i love the show. One of the best shows i'm following.

Ye, they had the same gap between season 1 and season 2. I hate it when shows do that. Falling Skies does the same, 10 months between seasons.

wish they would kill off Jessica (Gina Torres) or at least replace her, can't stand Gina Torres. Didn't like her on Alias or Firefly either. She is just a very annoying person.

Maybe they can ship her overseas? And we never have to see her again?

The only thing i wish to see more on this show is the actual law practice :)

Some where during season 2 the law took a step back and the personal drama took over.

Still great show, cant wait already for season 3.

The only thing i wish to see more on this show is the actual law practice :)

Some where during season 2 the law took a step back and the personal drama took over.

Still great show, cant wait already for season 3.

Yeah I agree

Ye, they had the same gap between season 1 and season 2. I hate it when shows do that. Falling Skies does the same, 10 months between seasons.

But see that's problem that is almost unavoidable.

These shows traditionally only have 13 episodes a season. Which I feel is better because it doesn't allow any craptastic filler episodes that shows like Lost were plagued by. With only 13 episodes, it is also easier to show them in one or two segments instead of spreading them out with weeks at a time in between episodes.

As viewers, we tend to complain about any breaks that happen. I'd rather have all the episodes together than have two weeks off here, three weeks off there. That gets ridiculous and even tedious to try and remember when a show will be back.

Actually, I didn't mind how USA use to do their shows. They'd show 6 or 7 episodes in the summer, and then take a 3 month break, show the remaining 6 or 7 episodes and then 6 months later they were back with a new season, but it has been a while since they did that. It was a time before they had all these shows to fill their schedule.

But see that's problem that is almost unavoidable.

These shows traditionally only have 13 episodes a season. Which I feel is better because it doesn't allow any craptastic filler episodes that shows like Lost were plagued by. With only 13 episodes, it is also easier to show them in one or two segments instead of spreading them out with weeks at a time in between episodes.

As viewers, we tend to complain about any breaks that happen. I'd rather have all the episodes together than have two weeks off here, three weeks off there. That gets ridiculous and even tedious to try and remember when a show will be back.

Actually, I didn't mind how USA use to do their shows. They'd show 6 or 7 episodes in the summer, and then take a 3 month break, show the remaining 6 or 7 episodes and then 6 months later they were back with a new season, but it has been a while since they did that. It was a time before they had all these shows to fill their schedule.

I agree with you that if a show has too many episodes then it can get lost but 13 episodes is not that much and if you look at season 2 story line you could have easily added few more episodes without hurting the show one bit.

The gap between season 2 and 3 wasnt that big actually, it was 5 months. The gap between season 1 and 2 was 9 months. Same with falling skies, it was 10 months. I just think it's a HUGE gap. I wonder if anyone ever counted the number of people dropping shows because of such a long gap.

The gap between season 2 and 3 wasnt that big actually, it was 5 months. The gap between season 1 and 2 was 9 months. Same with falling skies, it was 10 months. I just think it's a HUGE gap. I wonder if anyone ever counted the number of people dropping shows because of such a long gap.

I definitely would be interested in that number, but with all the new ways to watch episodes, I'm not sure that it matters how many dropped between seasons because of the gap. Anyone can go back and watch episodes they missed when they hear the show returned. If they don't go back, did they really care about the show to begin with or was it casual viewing for the sake of viewing?

I find shows on the 13-16 episode cycle to be of much higher quality than those on the big four networks that have 22-24 episodes. I can live with the long breaks between seasons as long as there's great quality.

I definitely would be interested in that number, but with all the new ways to watch episodes, I'm not sure that it matters how many dropped between seasons because of the gap. Anyone can go back and watch episodes they missed when they hear the show returned. If they don't go back, did they really care about the show to begin with or was it casual viewing for the sake of viewing?

I find shows on the 13-16 episode cycle to be of much higher quality than those on the big four networks that have 22-24 episodes. I can live with the long breaks between seasons as long as there's great quality.

You probably have a point here and of course i would prefer shorter seasons that have better quality, it's just sucks that i have to wait so long for the next season :D

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

'Game of Thrones' Michelle Fairley joins cast of 'Suits'

game-of-thrones-michelle-fairley-joins-cast-of-suits.jpg

From Westeros to the Big Apple, Michelle Fairley is making the transition to a new role in a new setting.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the "Game of Thrones" actress has signed on for a recurring role in the USA Network's legal drama series "Suits" for the upcoming third season.

Series star Gabriel Macht recently leaked Fairley's appearance on the series, dropping hints as to what her and a couple of other UK actors roles will be, including a fellow "Game of Thrones" alum. "As [fans] probably know, the merger has happened and ? as we call it ? there?s a British Invasion," Macht said. "You?re either for that invasion or you?re against, and as much as I'm for bringing some terrific British actors into the game, [my character] is against this invasion! I love it, because we?ve got some terrific actors ? Conleth Hill and Michelle Fairley and Max Beesley are on board, and we?re having a great time on set with all of them."

Fairley and Hill are set to play prospective clients from across the pond that are brought in thanks to the merger which took place in the show's second season. Fairley will portray British entrepreneur Ava Hessington, who seeks out the elite law firm's help when it is struck with a major lawsuit against her family's international oil company.

Keep an eye out for matriarch of Winterfell when the third season of "Suits" premieres on July 16th.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/7044/game-of-thrones-michelle-fairley-joins-cast-of-suits

Interesting casting (Y)

They are casting Rachels mum at the moment

I wonder who they will cast for that.

They showed her father but i dont remember, are the parents divorced? They did show the fathers house and everything but never the mother.