How can I transition Text?

Question

Hi everyone. I am working on a little website for myself and I wanted to transition a little bit of text through several different preset blocks of text at a set interval and I haven't been able to figure this out. So I figured I would post here and see if anyone knows how I can do this.

I am assuming I would need to do this through Javascript, but I wasn't sure. A lot of colleagues use old browsers so I can't really use html5 just yet.

Basically, I have the following text as an example and I want to change it every 10s or so.

"Polite and helpful"

"Available for your project"

"Reliable"

etc.

I'll probably have like 5 or 6 when I'm done.

Does anyone happen to know how this could be done? No matter what I search for online for this particular thing I get results for changing font color and stuff, not changing the actual text.

Thanks. :)

5 answers to this question

I believe this will work, just put your different phrases in li's or div's, whichever it works with.. it's fairly straight forward:

http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

Although I'd wait to see if anyone else comments, I think what you're wanting can be done in literally a few short lines of JS

I believe this will work, just put your different phrases in li's or div's, whichever it works with.. it's fairly straight forward:

http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

Although I'd wait to see if anyone else comments, I think what you're wanting can be done in literally a few short lines of JS

Agree. Cycle should work fine for this.

Thank you everyone. I will take a look at that. :) I was having a very hard time with this because all of the solutions that I found were for images but I couldn't find something that worked with text.

I really appreciate the help.

And @the better twin: Really nice site. :)

Thank you everyone. I will take a look at that. :) I was having a very hard time with this because all of the solutions that I found were for images but I couldn't find something that worked with text.

I really appreciate the help.

And @the better twin: Really nice site. :)

Thanks its still a wip but slowly getting there.

Most of the solutions for image scrolling should work for text scrolling too as a lot of them scroll the content in div's or list items so you can put pretty much anything in there. That's what the testimonials on my site is like. its an image scroller without any images.