9 posts in this topic

Hi, I've had my Surface RT for a while now. In September I'm starting University, so will be typing notes in lectures on this.

Which keyboard would you recommend?

Is the touch cover good/practical for typing essays?

Is the type cover loud when typing?

The type, no its not loud.

The type, no its not loud.

So would it be noticeable in a quiet room?

We aren't talking cherry blue switches here ;) Go try one out, its the only way to know. I don't care for the pressure sensitivity of the touch cover and I prefer some audible feedback.

We aren't talking cherry blue switches here ;) Go try one out, its the only way to know. I don't care for the pressure sensitivity of the touch cover and I prefer some audible feedback.

Would if I could, but I live in the UK, so no Microsoft Stores.

My wife and I each have a Surface RT and had the Touch cover. She did pretty good on it, but I never really liked it. We picked up a couple of Type Covers a few months back and WOW what a difference. I can actually use it now and she prefers it to the touch cover, too. It's not loud and if you're doing a lot of typing, that's definitely the route I'd go.

So would it be noticeable in a quiet room?

I own both the Touch Cover and the Type Cover for my Surface RT and my Surface Pro. I have since bought a second Type Cover to work with the Surface RT, which I gave to my fiance to use in her law school classes; she is not too loud on it.

I regret purchasing the Touch Cover. Mainly, I type a lot slower on it, and I am less accurate with it because the keys have no give.

I also find that I am either pounding on the Touch Cover, which makes my use of it surprisingly loud, or I am not hitting it hard enough to accept my keystroke.

Do yourself the favor and get the Type Cover. It will be like typing on a real keyboard because it is one. As far as I am concerned, the Touch Cover is a bit of a gimmick for the time being.

I am going to agree with the Type Cover. I have both as well. I find myself more accurate on type cover than touch.

Not a sound difference on either one for me. I make more on my regular keyboard than the type cover.

Thanks everyone, ordered the type cover. :)