ps4 design

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#16 Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:44

This teasing is stupid. Just reveal it already.

#17 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:46

They are going to do at their E3 conference on June 10th, this is just hyping up the PS4 on the eve of Microsoft announcement.

#18 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:46

This teasing is stupid. Just reveal it already.

We're a couple of weeks away from E3, would be rather silly not to open E3 with a "bang".

The console either wasn't ready to be shown earlier in the year, or the plan was to show it at E3 all along. This teaser is merely to get social media/news headlines stealing a little time from MS.

#19 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:53

I dont know what the hell is wrong with sony that they are not putting the ability to play ps3 games. That is a major fail and a deal breaker! I am still angry they did not put a ps2 emulator in the ps3. Its unacceptable not to include backwards compatiblity in the ps4, most especially that people spent 100s of dollars on ps3 games! I have about over $300 dollars in ps3 games, if i buy a ps4, I should be able to play them. :angry:

#20 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:56

The blue light, chances are it's some sort of strip along the console?

Posted Image

#21 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:57

It doesn't have the same CPU as PS3, if they kept the CELL cpu it would have been outclassed by the next xbox, it would run hot and cost a fortune. Plus your PS3 doesn't magically stop working as soon as PS4 is released.

#22 Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:57

^or it's just a lensflare effect. lol.

#23 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:58

^or it's just a lensflare effect. lol.

I don't mean that gif is of the actual console, a subliminal hint towards how the notification/console led might be handled.

#24 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:00

Zoom and enhance!

Not only we'll find what PS4 looks like, but we'll find out where this video was taken by lip reading people in reflections of licence plates of some cars passing by the windows of a building on the other side of the street clearly visible in photographer's teeth showing on the PS4 despite it having a matte finish.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:05

Zoom and enhance!

Not only we'll find what PS4 looks like, but we'll find out where this video was taken by lip reading people in reflections of licence plates of some cars passing by the windows of a building on the other side of the street clearly visible in photographer's teeth showing on the PS4 despite it having a matte finish.

No reflections in CGI :p

#26 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:08

Nice try Sony but why don't you just show the bloody thing instead of teasing. Bring on the xbox event tomorrow.

#27 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:08

It doesn't have the same CPU as PS3, if they kept the CELL cpu it would have been outclassed by the next xbox, it would run hot and cost a fortune. Plus your PS3 doesn't magically stop working as soon as PS4 is released.

Sony should at least include a ps3 emulator. I dont like the idea of having to turn one console off and turn another on to play a older game. Sony has the ability to develop an emulator for the ps3. If you bought 10 ps3 games that were 40 dollars each, thats 400 dollars. I mean it would be nice to play Fallout 3, GTA IV, Gran Turismo or Just Cause 2 on the ps4!

#28 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:09

I thought the deal was PS3 games would be streamed via cloud? Gaikai or however it's spelt.

#29 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:10

Sony should at least include a ps3 emulator. I dont like the idea of having to turn one console off and turn another on to play a older game. Sony has the ability to develop an emulator for the ps3. If you bought 10 ps3 gamea that were 40 dollars each, thats 400 dollars.

The ability to fully emulate CELL? I do not think so.

I thought the deal was PS3 games would be streamed via cloud? Gaikai or however it's spelt.

Most likely, but BC plans if any will probably be announced at E3.

#30 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:12

Sony should at least include a ps3 emulator. I dont like the idea of having to turn one console off and turn another on to play a older game. Sony has the ability to develop an emulator for the ps3. If you bought 10 ps3 games that were 40 dollars each, thats 400 dollars. I mean it would be nice to play Fallout 3, GTA IV, Gran Turismo or Just Cause 2 on the ps4!

That PS3 still works you know. Don't be a lazy git. If they included BC, we would be looking at an $800 PS4 just like how the PS3 was expensive as hell when it came out.