xbox xbox one games

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:56

Microsoft's Larry Hryb has issued the following clarification

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

http://kotaku.com/yo...icros-509140825

hopefully this puts this issue to bed

#2 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:57

Signed into your profile. Playing used games this generation can be done on any ones account....

#3 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:58

Figured as much. Haters gonna hate though.

#4 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 22 May 2013 - 00:14

Figured as much. Haters gonna hate though.

Why would any gamer enjoy this after how this generation worked?

#5 Raa

Raa

Resident something-or-rather

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 May 2013 - 00:19

So this system could be easily defeated by account sharing... (Obviously it won't work with multiple sign-ins)

#6 OP vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 22 May 2013 - 00:19

it gets even better

Penello says, have "the ability to go over to your friends house, download your save game, or even download your game to his Xbox and pick up where you left off."

you don't even need to drag the disc with you when you go over to your friends house. you just login and download the game off xbox live.

#7 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 May 2013 - 00:24

I didn't say anything about enjoying it. Fact of the matter is that it's not really going to be any different for almost everyone.

#8 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:15

I didn't say anything about enjoying it. Fact of the matter is that it's not really going to be any different for almost everyone.

If you don't enjoy something you can easily hate it.....

I let my GF borrow my PS3 games, I'm sure a lot of other people share games between them. Well... Gamers and GF's don't always go ;)

#9 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:24

If you don't enjoy something you can easily hate it.....

I let my GF borrow my PS3 games, I'm sure a lot of other people share games between them. Well... Gamers and GF's don't always go ;)

The difference here is that you install the game fully and then don't need the disc. If they didn't tie it to your profile somehow then one guy would just buy the game and all his friends would be able to install it and play for free.

I'm sure there is more to this story.

#10 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44

Why do they make simple things so complicated...

I mean, so many questions and clarification after clarification about
being able or not to play used games
being able to transfer save files
being able to play with out internet connection or is the last one a requirement anf if yes does it have to be constant or once per day.

So many "meaningless" stuff that are connected with the release of a new entertainment system that they shouldn't be, at least not in that degree.
Stuff like new games,tech specs, new features, gameplay graphics etc is what Microsoft should have mades us discuss and not all these freaking nonsense

#11 ludeboy12

ludeboy12

Neowinian

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:59

I dont see the problem with this. If you are at a friends house playing wouldn't you rather be playing under your own profile/gamertag as opposed to simply being a guest??

#12 MariosX

MariosX

The man with no dreams

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:16

Is that a micro usb? If it is, can we recharge any rechargeable batteries via the controller or we will need to purchase an xbox battery pack as well?

I think it will be more comfortable

#13 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18

I dont see the problem with this. If you are at a friends house playing wouldn't you rather be playing under your own profile/gamertag as opposed to simply being a guest??

They really want to know if you can lend a game out, I bet you can, and I bet that as long as that game is lent out you can't play it either. I'm going to make a guess and say each disc has some encryption key on it, as with every console so far actually. That key is matched to your account, so if that same key is flagged on another account the first one could be turned off until the second one is uninstalled.

So, until your friend is done and uninstalled the game and gave you the disc back then your installed copy won't play. Just a guess though.

#14 ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

Neowinian

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:23

You sir are a die hard ps fan. What are you doing here? All you have to say is negatives about the Xbox. Can we xboxers enjoy the news without any FUD or negatives being spilt?
You don't like the console fine (no one was forcing you to get it anyway)
You don't like the way it looks? (Fine too, nofu)
You don't like that Microsoft didn't only focus on games (ur a ps fan, you weren't going to buy the Xbox anyway)

#15 ingramator

ingramator

Hacker

• Phone: Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GS3

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:32

The difference here is that you install the game fully and then don't need the disc. If they didn't tie it to your profile somehow then one guy would just buy the game and all his friends would be able to install it and play for free.

I'm sure there is more to this story.

Spot on. As the games are able to be downloaded or installed off the BD disk onto the HDD it would be stupid to let that be done an infinite amount of times. Sure the X360 allowed u too install to HDD but you required the disc to actually run it. With XB1 it will most likely be possible to carry the disc and be able to run it on any console without the sign in agreement and selling the game may require you to "release" the game from your user ID. There is more to the story than "M$ just wants to use DRM".

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!