19 replies to this topic

#16 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,402 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:04

'All footage from game engine'
But once again - typical of EA - it's all looking pre-rendered, none of that looks realtime to me, and if it is realtime and the camera goes to stupid angles like that, it wouldn't be worth playing.

#17 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,542 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:55

And what about The Run looked bad? Again, pretty much nothing (same hardware).

And thanks for the heads-up on Most Wanted - still, Frostbite 2 and 3 both look darn good even when not running full-tilt on high-end hardware (which is all the more surprising, considering that the Battlefield series was pretty much designed to be hardware-melters - with the same darn engines).

Umm, nothing. The Run looked fantastic.

#18 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,393 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:09

But once again - typical of EA - it's all looking pre-rendered, none of that looks realtime to me, and if it is realtime and the camera goes to stupid angles like that, it wouldn't be worth playing.

What's typical of EA? They're the publisher, not the developer. And they're using the latest version of Frostbite. It's the same engine that will power Battlefield 4. Also, it's a teaser trailer and not a gameplay trailer. You shouldn't make a decision based on a single teaser trailer that barely shows anything.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 May 2013 - 22:23

It's real time rendered with Rhein game engine, it's however real time cinematics. Cinematics often have details tuned up such as AA and ther pretty things as the gpu don't need to worry aout cycles for stuff that is only done during gameplay. For some games cinematics and replays also run at 30 fps while the game aims for 60.

Either way this is pretty much the graphics you will see in the game, as for annoying animations... Most Wanted crash cam says hi.

The real question is, what was it real time rendered on... But either way it won't be far off from that on the next gen consoles though probably not quite that pretty while playing.

Remember this was the same discussion that came about when the teaser for Halo 3 was released and everyone said it was pre rendered and it couldn't do it. And that real time cinematic showed up in the game just as good looking as the teaser.

#20 .jCliff

.jCliff

Neowinian

• 72 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:07

I'm playing Most Wanted (2013) on the PC atm, really don't have a problem with Criterion. I think the controls are fantastic.