Sony explains why GT6 is on the PS3 and not PS4

Sony explained why Gran Turismo 6 is on the PS3 and not on the PS4. The SCEE CEO explained that there were two GTs in the past for each Sony console and also mentioned the enormous install base on the PS3.

Read more by clicking on the link

http://www.gamespot....not-ps4-6408811

So, GT7 in 2018?

Considering the PS4 is a totally different animal than the PS3 (component wise), I wouldnt be surprised. Hopefully they roll out a GT7 on the PS4 before that.

Considering the PS4 is a totally different animal than the PS3 (component wise), I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully they roll out a GT7 on the PS4 before that.

Yeah, the PS4 will be a lot easier to develop for, and will benefit greatly from it, the PS3 is still kicking ass though, visually I can't believe how great some games look sometimes. Sony did a really great job, it's just a shame the cell processor was so ahead of its time.

• Like 1

I don't see why people seemed so surprised it's not coming to the PS4. It's always been one of the highest selling games for the PS brand so it only makes sense to make it available to the widest possible audience which is the PS3 right now. I only hope they ditch the standard cars for the next gen version. I don't care if there's 1,200 cars in the game if 2/3rds of them look awful. Give me 400 great looking cars and I'll be happy; I want quality not quantity.

with how long it actually took for gt5 to become available for the ps3, I won't hold my breath for 7 (having said that it'll probably spectacular when it is released)

So, GT7 in 2018?

*Should* be sooner than that. Polyphony were involved in the development of the PS4 and considering how much easier to develop for the PS4 is compared to the nightmare that was the PS3, we should be seeing much shorter dev times! plus there is rumours of a PS4 version of GT6 to tide people over too, so be interesting to see how that pans out as well.

with how long it actually took for gt5 to become available for the ps3, I won't hold my breath for 7 (having said that it'll probably spectacular when it is released)

A major contributing factor to that was the difficulty of programming for the PS3 and it was compounded by the fact Polyphony has a very small team (they are not huge like say Turn 10 and don't outsource either, which is why Turn 10 are able to pump out new games so damn fast). Polyphony have been hiring new employees in recent times, have a new office and coupled with the much easier development environment of the PS4, we should see a new game much faster then most people think.

The hype for GT5 was too big.. after a couple of hours playing it was fun but didn't meet all of the hype going around for it at the time.

I'll look forward to see how the devs improve realistic damages.

My expectations were in the sky for gt5, i believed it was going to be amazing, but it didnt live up to what i expected. Now my expectations for gt6 are substantially lower, but I think GT6 will be considerably better than gt6! A video of gt6 autumn ring shows the lighting effect are alot better with even a real sun shining like from gt3!

http://www.gtplanet....at-autumn-ring/

My expectations were in the sky for gt5, i believed it was going to be amazing, but it didnt live up to what i expected. Now my expectations for gt6 are substantially lower, but I think GT6 will be considerably better than gt6! A video of gt6 autumn ring shows the lighting effect are alot better with even a real sun shining like from gt3!

I can't really say much about that video other than it's poorly recorded, but atleast it isn't pre-rendered.

A video of gt6 autumn ring shows the lighting effect are alot better with even a real sun shining like from gt3!

Fancy graphics do not impress me any more. We've already seen Polyphony tone-down the trackside graphics on some tracks in GT5 to keep up frame rates, so any preview videos of GT6 I'll take with a pinch of salt.

After countless hours put into GT5, the one thing I want to see improved above all else is the AI (again, even this was made worse with one of the updates). Here's hoping PD have taken the opportunity to re-think this along with their new physics engine.

But I'm sceptical. I still see GT6 on PS3 as a half-game stepping stone to the PS4 game.

How many of you actually spend alot of time in B-spec mode?

It's the only thing that feels like a chore than a fun-game mode, i don't see the appeal.

How many of you actually spend alot of time in B-spec mode?

It's the only thing that feels like a chore than a fun-game mode, i don't see the appeal.

I think I pretty much completed it. B-spec was a chore, not helped by the almost laughably limited "commands" you could issue to your drivers. Again, the AI let it down - I remember some races were so frustrating; I wished for an option to pit my car and jump in it myself. B-spec needs to be more integrated into the career mode. It felt too tacked-on, which was a shame because there was definitely fun to be had there (and some useful cars to be won), but it never felt like it really "mattered".

I think I pretty much completed it.......

Some good points Fish, Most of the time i was in b-spec mode just to see how much i could dominate the early races. The gameplay-reward system needs a big update because clicking "overtake" and sitting back for 4 laps isn't fun.