Jump to content


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Axel


    --[Est. 1986]--

  • Joined: 05-August 03
  • Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:30

Hi all,

Is there a cheap (UK Based) converter of some kind that can do this? The cinema display only has a cable that comes from the monitor (and it's hardwired) with a male mini DisplayPort connector on it. I want to connect this to an office PC which only had VGA/HDMI outputs.

Any clues?




Edit: Something like this I suppose but the display port thing would need to be female and vga/hdmi would need to be male.

Posted Image
Edit: Infact HDMI would be best due resolution,

#2 ashpowell



  • Joined: 13-November 06
  • Location: UK
  • OS: Windows 8
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:36


HDMI > http://www.amazon.co... to displayport

#3 neoraptor



  • Joined: 29-November 08

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:41

http://dx.com/s/displayport - you might need to do some combinations but should work

#4 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

    Neowinian Senior

  • Joined: 18-May 03
  • Location: Kyoto, Japan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:51


#5 OP Axel


    --[Est. 1986]--

  • Joined: 05-August 03
  • Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 16:58


HDMI > http://www.amazon.co...+to+displayport

The mini connector needs to be female.

#6 Biohead



  • Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Joined: 20-November 05
  • Location: West Drayton, UK
  • OS: OS X 10.9
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 24 May 2013 - 17:16

I don't think you can. I remember when the Thunderbolt display came out there was a huge fuss that it would ONLY work with Thunderbolt Macs. If you had a Mac with just a mini Displayport socket then you were out of luck.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!