Version of Chromium that blocks Google?

Question

A few weeks ago I was reading about a version of Chromium that blocks Google from snooping on everything you do, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

Does anyone know? Is it any good?

17 answers to this question

There is hardly any "spying" going on. They log some things to keep track of what install and update methods work best to provide timely updates to users, but that's pretty much it.

Not using the regular Chrome or Chromium is just ridiculous if you ask me.

You can easily disable what little spying google does do by digging around in advance preferences.

You can easily disable what little spying google does do by digging around in advance preferences.

But but but, Google is SPYING on you, how do you know it's really off? /conspiracy

So much Google paranoia here.

Welcome to Neowin. The last year the majority of this site's vocal members has turned seriously anti-Google for some reason. The others have turned seriously anti-Microsoft. A small minority remains neutral :p

Not using chrome isn't going to help you. even if you don't use any google services any time you use a webpage that uses google for something(pretty much any of them) anonymous data about you gets reported, while the data is anonymous, they generally are able to tie the same "anonymous" user to the data, even with multiple users on the same IP. and the data isn't all tat anonymous either.

basically whether you use Chrome or not, google has your number, so it's the least of your problems.

So much Google paranoia here.

are you sure?

http://news.cnet.com...2213-245.html#!

Report: Google, CIA fund predictive analytics firm

Google Ventures and CIA's investment arm fund Recorded Future, a start-up that monitors Web and connects dots between people, places, events, Wired says.

so.. Google and CIA are known by a credible source.. the CIA. no conspiracy there... :/

But but but, Google is SPYING on you, how do you know it's really off? /conspiracy

You don't. But it's not like they're camped out in your neighborhood sniffing your WiFi... :|

You don't. But it's not like they're camped out in your neighborhood sniffing your WiFi... :|

Nah, they'll just do it as they drive past! ;)

/s